• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Call For Entries

Submissions are now being accepted for the first annual International Black & Latino Film Festival.
For details visit www.iblff.com or email a request for information to iblff2008@gmail.com. We are accepting films
and screenplays that feature the talents of Blacks and/or Latinos in pretty much any capacity. Film festival takes place July 16-20, in Hartford, CT. We are also looking for workshop facilitators.

It's only considered racist if it discriminates against a minority ... at least that's what I've come to believe, given the number of all female, all black, all hispanic, etc. businesses, clubs, events, etc.

Although I think this is wrong, I do see the logic behind it. White males still represent a vast majority of the power and wealth (elected officials, business owners, etc.) in this country (the U.S.A.). It's pretty hard to discriminate against the guys with all the money. :)

It is still sad that we must draw lines on racial boundaries, but if that is what it takes to give the minorities equal representation, then so be it.

Doug

not racist....

Racist......I guess I'll have to start an all 'whites' film festival.

we are not racists. If you check our submission rules, we do not discriminate. we accept all films by any filmmakers as long as they feature the works of blacks and or latinos in a featured capacity. one of the facilitators of our actors workshop is a caucasian gentleman and we will likely have many caucasian and other races involved. reading is fundamental.

wrong in what way?

Although I think this is wrong, I do see the logic behind it.

It is still sad that we must draw lines on racial boundaries, but if that is what it takes to give the minorities equal representation, then so be it.

Doug

Minority people are sadly underrepresented and often misrepresented. This festival is aimed at increasing the visibility of talented Blacks and Latinos in film, not minimizing others.

Minority people are sadly underrepresented and often misrepresented. This festival is aimed at increasing the visibility of talented Blacks and Latinos in film, not minimizing others.
I understand. What makes me sad is that we haven't moved past all of this, already. I've seen some progress in my lifetime, but most of it is superficial. :(
I will be shooting a movie this fall for a black producer. If you have your festival again next year, maybe I can talk the producer into entering it. Best of luck to you guys.

Doug

Thank you! Any and all help in growing this festival is greatly appreciated. It is planned as an annual festival.

Back