Glidecam Questions

Sorry for yet another thread. All my new gear at once causes trouble for me hehe.

Today I've been experimenting with a Glidecam HD2000 for the first time, however I can't seem to get smooth shots. Could it possibly be because my Glidecam, camera and lens are too light overall? I've a t2i which is quite light, and my lens is 50mm F1.8 which is one of the lightest lenses, and therefore I can't put any weights at the bottom because it will simple be too heavy and cause imbalance even if I try to adjust the body.
So my question is whether it's simply too hard to get smooth shots with a light cam/lens on a Glidecam or if I just need more practice?

I have been practicing a bit with my Glidecam since I started this thread using A.D's technique, and it has indeed improved my skills.

But now I'm using a Samyang 14mm lens for Glidecam shots instead of the 50mm prime, which looks much better, but is also a lot heavier. I must admit, I'm not a very strong guy and my stamina is pretty low. Even though I only have two weighs at the bottom, the Glidecam still seems very heavy. With a lense like Samyang 14mm I should probably atleast have 2 weighs at the bottom, considering the lens is quite heavy even if t2i is light.

If I remove anymore weighs there would be 0 weighs. That is simply a no-go, considering that the top will flip over and be much heavier when trying the reach the 3-second mark.

Are there any solutions to this problem besides hittin' the gym? I can't be the only one who has struggled with this - so any tips are much appreciated. Sorry for bumping by the way.

Back