New Here!

Kipp here just joined indietalk hoping to get to learn stuff within this filmmaking community. Im 18 years old been on the set with Cinemaair Production out here in Utah working on a few feature length films. Lovin it!

I met Gary from Cinemaair when he was on a shoot and had a lot of questions to ask. I told him I was into photography and possibly looking to go to film school. He at that time gave me a copy a training dvd that they had done explaining the basics of filmmaking. After that I still had a lot of questions, well i ended up doing an internship with him and his crew. On the last feature he let me run 2nd camera and deal with some of the editing. I am learning alot. Its great I even got to get involved when he was distributing the film in europe and learned alot about how distribution really works. I was amazed at how easily he got it done. As for what I do on the set, anything he will let me as i have found out you need to know a little bit about it all.

@kipppmartin: In some ways, what you are doing right now (actually shooting and learning by practical work) is worth more than any USC Film school you can buy yourself into.

Thanks for the encouragement. I realized it was the chance of a lifetime. So as soon as I was done with highschool, I was on it. Gary is a great guy with alot of knowledge, he told me about this forum and frequents it alot. I have only been at it for a few months and already have my own imbd listing, super cool. I have got to meet some of the biggest people in the business its amazing. Hope it never ends im goin for it!

Yeah im fortunate to be in the position I am. I would never be able to get the funding's to go to any major film school. Gary's giving me the chance to do something I love to do and I dont see it ending anytime soon!

Back