• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Problems in Premiere

Well, I'm having a few issues with Premiere today and I was wondering if someone might be able to help me

I don't know how this has happened or what button i've pushed, but it is really starting to irritate me

Here we go, I've posted the image underneath. As you can see, the quality of the output has degraded by a signficant amount. I was working with this same project yesterday and everything was fine. I chekced to see if the output had been accidently placed on 'draft' but it hasn't. I've opened a new session to test the images and I get the same problem.

Is there anybody who is able to point me in the right direction so I may go about fixing this problem. I'm meant to have this video finished for my boss fairly soon and I was so close to completing. This problem has created a very frutrating afternoon.

Anyone??? :huh:

adobeproblem.jpg

Under PREFERENCES or in the project settings make sure to "optimize for stills".

It also looks like you re-framed the still in your shot. Until it's rendered, it won't be full quality. Depending on if you zoomed in, that might affect the "softness" of the shot.

thank you for the advice. the PC is at work, so i wont be able to put the advice into affect until Tuesday. I'll check then and get back to you.

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know so I can try each of them when back at work

Well, I'm still having the issues I was having before.

I really don't have any idea how this happened. One minute all was fine, next minute the quality degraded drastically. This leads me to believe I accidently clicked something I shouldn't have done. I've tried all the undos and the redos and nothing has been undone

Oh woe. Woe is me!

He is another picture.

stillnotgood.jpg

As you can see, all is rendered and things remain the same.

I've checked the settings listed above and the project was already "optimized for stills" etc

Another interesting thing that has happened. When I open a new project, it wont allow me to select a 'HD' project; the folder wont open

I have a feeling something may have become corrupted.

Any other suggestions???

Woe

have you exported a video file yet? maybe it's just a preview issue but the export could be ok. might as well export a small chunk and see...

or maybe go to effects controls and try unclicking the "conform to scale" (or whatever) button and try screwing with the size of the image?

Pixel aspect ratio might be wrong? (and adjusted by software)

The last screenshot you made has that selected still image (top-left of acreenshot) as being 1.0

Actually, so does your first screenshot.

You using square-pixel images in a non-square video?

Pixel aspect ratio might be wrong? (and adjusted by software)

The last screenshot you made has that selected still image (top-left of acreenshot) as being 1.0

Actually, so does your first screenshot.

You using square-pixel images in a non-square video?

Well, this might be the issue

I'm fairly new to editing and pixal ratio is something to which I'm completely oblivious

Would you be able to point me in the right direction so I may correct this issue? :yes:

Back