• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Firearms Working Props - Bio-Works

Hello guys, this is my first post on here and I am doing it for one reason; to branch out.

I am Ed, callsign Kipling. Over a year ago I started up a small business called Bio-Works Airsoft, give that a search on google and you should find our facebook page.

If you dont know what Airsoft is; you may want to give that a google also, but essentially it is a military simulation game, played with similar rules to paintball that involves the use of gas, spring, or electric powered replica firearms.

An Airsoft gas blowback pistol makes for perfect use in a film as when doing what we call "dry firing" (firing without ammunition but with gas) the slide will move back, in an action called blowback, replicating a real handgun, meaning the only editing that needs doing is muzzle flash and sound enhacement.

So, what is Bio-Works Airsoft and why am I posting here? Well, at Bio-Works we design and build custom gas powered RIFs (Realistic immitation firearms) We started out only doing handguns but have now also just recently taken on our first rifle comissions.

As someone who is a fan of films such as pulp fiction, hitman and the Baz Luhrman Romeo + Juliet; I believe a characters choice of weapon, sidearm inparticular is highly significant in displaying their character.

It is for this reason that I post: I think that main characters, particularly the antogonists, need custom, apropriate and tailored to their persona firearms. If your character is a hardcore military operator, he might use a tan ported Glock 17, whereas a classy 40s ganster would no doubt have a 1911 with wood grips!

Bio-Works Airsoft is based in the UK, so getting hold of actual firearms to use and film is an impossible task, even deacts are way to expensive! To own a RIF in the UK, you need a defense against the VCRA, something that proves you have a reason to own one, being a registered airsoft player may be one, and a film maker might be another!

So, if anyone is interested in my services, drop our facebook page a like, and drop us an email at Bio-WorksAirsoft@outlook.com. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer below. I hope this post has been of some interested

Kipling: Out.

Back