Voice of the Dead: First sale!!!

Voice of the Dead: First sale/Trailer online!

That's right!!! I just made my first sale tonight on one of my films! :yes: This is the first film of mine I've ever sold. I've had Voice of the Dead for sale on my site for about a week and someone just bought a copy. ;) I really didn't post on alot of boards or anything that it was for sale. I just wanted to see how much traffic I was getting to my site and if someone would pick up on it. Just thought I share the good news with everyone. Also might want to check out my site here...

http://phillipsfilms.mrolaf.com

Not just for the Voice DVD, but there is info about my new project(The Killer Wore A Badge) and more goodies. :P

Update:Hey for everyone who hasn't bought or seen the film here is an extended trailer for all to view! Hope you all like it. It's about 9mb and it's a QT file. To buy the movie, see sig. :cool:

Last edited:
  • Place a post down in Misc Classifieds forum
  • Make some banners for people to ad to ther "links" webpage
  • Change your sig into a pseudo-ad
  • Place a trailer on your site. (You removed the video downloads?)
  • Pop around to other (inferior) forums and post in their Classified forums
  • Send me Brooke's phone # :cool:

rar!

I remember the trailer a while back, but i was too busy with whatever i was doing then to finish it, I'm gonna re check it out, except...im broke as all hell with college, so i probably cant buy a copy. Yet.

But gratz on your sale, hope you keep selling more!

Thanks for the input Zen. I've already started working on some of those points you listed above. A NEW trailer will be coming out after this weekend! Once I have that up I'll start posting more on other forums and stuff. Thanks guys for the input.

P.S. Zen...that phone number is off limits to paino playing actors. j/k :lol: But maybe an autograph from her would take it's place?

Last edited:
Rar! She can sign my copy of "Voice of the Dead".
smiley_fatcat.gif

(Cheque's in the mail)

I remember the trailer a while back

Riz, he actually had the entire movie up back then... in April, maybe? Split into three parts, to make downloads easier.

Had a bit of an issue with wind being picked up by the mics, but was an awseome story. (And as much as HailKing denies it, I know it was inspired by Scooby-Doo) :yes:

Last edited:
Hailtotheking, is this a feature film or a short? Give us some more details.

If it's a feature, did you already submit it for distribution? If so, to who? If not, email me at filmproducts@hotmail.com I know the guys at Maverick and MTI. They are looking for horror product, so maybe we can help you out.

Also, if you are sticking with self-distribution, are you looking at Amazon and Custom Flix?

Hey Horrorfilmmaker, welcome to the boards first. :hi:

It's a short film, about 30mins in length. But with the extras on the DVD it amounts to about an hour. I haven't contacted anyone for distribution as I knew it wouldn't have good chances because it's a short. But since you know some people at some companies that might change. Also I have a feature that is in the works to shoot next year that they might be interested in.

I haven't looked into Amazon, or Custom Flixs at all. I wouldn't know how to go about that. :weird:

HailtotheKing said:
I haven't looked into Amazon, or Custom Flixs at all. I wouldn't know how to go about that. :weird:

Both are easy to do. With Custom Flix, you get listed in their amazon store, so basically, the amazon end is already done for you, if you don't mind being in a z-shop.

I received your DVD today and just finished watching the "movie", the "outtakes" and the "easter eggs"... I really enjoyed it and it looks like you guys had a lot of fun making it. It makes me want to go out right now and make a movie! But since it's 12:30am I think I'll wait a bit...

I see what you mean on the back of the DVD cover where it reads it's like Ghostbusters meets Scooby Doo... the brainy girl with the red sweater and glasses had a serious Velma thing going and with your scruff you could have doubled for Shaggy.

Not to take away from your movie but I have to say that one of my favorite lines was from the outtakes when "Velma" was demonstrating her Spookphone: "Ann, we have termites ... Ann? Why an I calling you Ann?" (Her line was "...and we have termites...") for some reason it just cracked me up...

Wheeeeeeeee! Mine arrived today, too!
smiley_bounce.gif

Popping it in right now.

Rar! Opened the case and some bonus bonuses popped out! Cohen's the man!

(And Brooke is the babe)
smiley_fatcat.gif

Tell them all "thanks", Mr Phillips :)

First off welcome to the boards ZukoVega! Good to have you here. Thanks for the kind comments about the film. :blush: I'm glad you really enjoyed the movie, outtakes and easter eggs. Some of those outtakes do have great lines in them. The line you speak of was of course when we were filming at 1am! :lol:

Zen, I'm glad you got yours safe and sound as well. I knew you would like those bonus bonuses! :yes: I will relay the Thanks to everyone. Enjoy the film Zen and all the extras!

Hey for everyone who hasn't bought or seen the film here is an extended trailer for all to view! It's a trailer and scene from the film mixed. Hope you all like it. It's about 9mb and it's a QT file. To buy, see sig. :cool:

Back