movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

The 13th Pokemon film, Zoroark: Master of Illusions

Pokemon-movie-13-%E2%80%93-Zoroark-Master-of-Illusions.jpg

7/10, the animation gets better every time, and it made a very good job of a story that could easily end up being a bit hackneyed. It didn't really get me as emotionally attached as some of the older ones did but it was still miles better than some of the rubbish I've watched recently.

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People

6/10, It was a good laugh but most of the jokes are ideas that have been in a million comedies already, nothing like the Simon Pegg & Nick Frost films, although I did enjoy the references to them. I also liked the 'Teresa' parody of Hollywood blockbusters. And I just realised who Megan Fox looks like- Russell Brand.

Just saw Hanna this evening.

Cool movie. Very light and different from Joe Wright's normal fare.

I concur. Bourne meets Kick-Ass would be my best summation… loved the stylised direction (particularly in the tunnel scene) and the Chemical Brothers pulled out a corker with the pounding, grinding soundtrack. Excellent Steadicam work, too - nothing to top Wright's beach scene in Atonement, but I thought the shot following Erik through the bus station
(and subsequent fight)
was particularly well executed. Very enjoyable.

"Tron Legacy"

8/10-one of the rare films I WISH I had seen in Imax 3D, would have been spectacular. And as a parent, could really identify with the (unfortunately overlooked) story of learning to communicate with your child, and learning about them growing up, and being for them-also liked the (cliched admittedly) trying to create "perfect" scenario, and how it backfires.

Soundtrack by daft Punk I really liked, and I plan on buying the film (which is not something I do unless I will watch it repeatedly)

"Tangled"

Sigh-6/10. Watching the trailers I THOUGHT it was going be a parody ala Shrek, and looked forward to it, instead it felt like a 1990's Disney film. IMO singing isn't necessary in the modern animation.
I would have liked to have seen them pursue the angle of the "mother" coming to genuinely love and care for the child she took, even if it was for selfish reasons-it ALMOST seemed that they wanted to go that way sometimes, but never did-would like have seen redemption

Basically I was underwhelmed and disappointed as I THOUGHT Disney would come into the modern age storytelling wise.

Thor.

7.5/10 for a superhero movie.

5.5/10 considering it was Branagh and i was expecting something much better.

Am I the only one who feels that after the Iron Man/Hulk movies, which were well done, they seem to really be "skipping through" Captain America, Thor (and whoever else is down the pipe) to "get the films out of the way" so they can go GRAND on the Avengers Movie?

(What's the plot of Avengers, anyone know? I hope it's a dealing with a rampaging hulk like they have in the comics, that would be sweet :D )

"Tron Legacy"

8/10-one of the rare films I WISH I had seen in Imax 3D, would have been spectacular. And as a parent, could really identify with the (unfortunately overlooked) story of learning to communicate with your child, and learning about them growing up, and being for them-also liked the (cliched admittedly) trying to create "perfect" scenario, and how it backfires.

Soundtrack by daft Punk I really liked, and I plan on buying the film (which is not something I do unless I will watch it repeatedly)

"Tangled"

Sigh-6/10. Watching the trailers I THOUGHT it was going be a parody ala Shrek, and looked forward to it, instead it felt like a 1990's Disney film. IMO singing isn't necessary in the modern animation.
I would have liked to have seen them pursue the angle of the "mother" coming to genuinely love and care for the child she took, even if it was for selfish reasons-it ALMOST seemed that they wanted to go that way sometimes, but never did-would like have seen redemption

Basically I was underwhelmed and disappointed as I THOUGHT Disney would come into the modern age storytelling wise.

Damn. I appreciate your opinion, but pretty fully disagree with it. I loved Tangled. I thought it was pretty brilliant. 4 out of 5 stars, I think.

Damn. I appreciate your opinion, but pretty fully disagree with it. I loved Tangled. I thought it was pretty brilliant. 4 out of 5 stars, I think.

That's fine-everyone has different tastes and views, no offense taken! :)

I think just for MY personal taste, I saw the ads and thought it was going to be a parody fairy-tale movie ala Shrek or Hoodwinked (both of which I love), and what the product actually was something different.

But if you enjoyed it, all the more power to ya! ;)

Just saw Se7en at the cinema for the first time.

Great movie, the sort that I would give anything to make. I know I seem like a Fincher fanboy after i raved about The Social Network but they're both awesome films.

Fight Club? Meh.

Just saw Se7en at the cinema for the first time.

Great movie, the sort that I would give anything to make. I know I seem like a Fincher fanboy after i raved about The Social Network but they're both awesome films.

Fight Club? Meh.

I loved Se7en-it was my first exposure to Fincher-it was deliciously disturbing.

As for Fight Club-I find it suffers from the "Gotta see it" history, as in everyone went and saw it and raved about it. Do I enjoy it? Yes I do. Is it Finchers Best? No, Se7en for me IMO.

I do wonder if Fincher would tackle "Invisible Monsters", another "things aren't what they seem" story written by the Author of Fight Club-only its on the "feminine" side of things (and about fashion, not fighting-which arguably is its own battlefield)

Last edited:
Fight Club has THE best collection of commentaries I've listened to.
Really great BTS material.
Almost a must.

Love Se7en, too.
Fight Club... eh. Don't understand the hullabaloo over Tyler Durden, but whatever.

I would like to be Brad Pitt more than anyone else in the world but, in my opinion, he's cooler in Se7en than in Fight Club.

I enjoyed Fight Club but when I compare it to Se7en, Zodiac and The Social Network I can't see why that's the film that really gets people excited. The other three are masterpieces, Fight Club is fun.

I would like to be Brad Pitt more than anyone else in the world but, in my opinion, he's cooler in Se7en than in Fight Club.

I enjoyed Fight Club but when I compare it to Se7en, Zodiac and The Social Network I can't see why that's the film that really gets people excited. The other three are masterpieces, Fight Club is fun.

I agree Nick Se7en is superb and I love the fact that whenever they are outside (I think until the end) it's raining.

The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957)

A very fine film! 9/10. Watch it if you get the chance.

Just started reading the book, will definitely check out the movie afterwards.

I watched "Made in Dagenham" last night... I liked it and the wife loved it, I would say 7.5/10 the wife said 10/10 after we watched it. You'd appreciate it more if you were female.

Change of plans (2011)

Change of plans (6.5/10)

good film, good story, ok DP, but not to good acting

overall kinda cheazy.

not my kind of movie at all.

Back