• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Distributor looking for Production Company

Hello my name is Munkhbat Enkhtaivan and I work at a film producing company called "Prime Pictures" in Mongolia. Here is the the direct link to our comany's IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/company/co0474022/?ref_=tt_dt_co

Currently our company is looking for opportunities to work with foreign film makers.

Can anyone help me on how to hook up with some production companies?

Hello my name is Munkhbat Enkhtaivan and I work at a film producing company called "Prime Pictures" in Mongolia. Here is the the direct link to our comany's IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/company/co0474022/?ref_=tt_dt_co

Currently our company is looking for opportunities to work with foreign film makers.

What are you looking for? Are you looking for finished films to evaluate for purchase? Or are you looking to engage in partnerships in productions? Are you looking for big budget / medium budget / small budget / low budget productions?

Could you kindly elaborate on what you are looking for?
Thanks

@Sweetie "Mongolia is 100% NOT part of China. Does not have anything to do with the country.

@trueindie We are seeking opportunities for partnerships in productions.
I'm not sure I have a clear understanding on what the range of a big/medium/small budget. Could you give a rough estimate on that please? Also it will depend on what kind of film we would work on.

@mitramac The ones that we could be interested in is a romantic comedy or an action/adventure film. But we can be open minded towards a good story.

It's part of China like New Zealand is part of Australia.

So Mongolia is China's welfare state? ;)

Does not have anything to do with the country.

Fair enough. Google search wasn't very clear. Words to the effect of Mongolia considers itself separate, though China considers it part of China.

Title: Distributor looking for Production Company
I work at a film producing company called "Prime Pictures"

Next questions are related more to what you're asking for. What is it exactly? I have to say, I'm completely confused to what you're asking:

Are you a distributor looking to work with filmmakers? Are you a production company looking for distributors? Are you looking for someone to finance your productions? Are you looking for stories to produce? Are you missing some skills within your company that you need to outsource? Are you looking for finished products to produce? Do you have money and now you're looking for Co-Productions? Or Do you need finance and looking for co-productions? Something in between? Are you looking for tax incentives from production companies in states/countries that have tax incentives? Are you trying to leave your current company and searching for employment elsewhere?... and so on.

Excuse my English if it is not clear enough. I'm not very familiar with the correct words to describe what we do. I'll try to put it in a few sentences, so that you can have a clear understanding.

Previously we have worked with Mongolian production companies on 3 films, all on which we took full distribution with handling its' theatrical, VOD, Pay TV windows as well as its' trailers, promotions, cover photo etc. We funded the film project differently on each occasion.

Now what we would like to do is work with an international production crew. We would expect our partner to come up with their own screenplay and production crew. We could either fund the project 50%/50% (just an example) and share the revenue or fund 100% and have our partner work for a salary. Does this make any sense?

If there is anything else you want to know, feel free to ask.

I think I understand you. While I'm not asking for myself, I'm sure others will ask: Do you have any interest in completed films that are looking for distribution?

Other questions that I'd have more interest in knowing more:

Is there a particular market/genre that you have in mind?
What area or areas do you handle distribution? Only Mongolia?
Are you looking at films that focus on selling well in your geographic area?

Fair enough. Google search wasn't very clear. Words to the effect of Mongolia considers itself separate, though China considers it part of China.

Weird Google. Are they trying to please China? ;)

I know the Chinese Wall was build to protect China against Mongolian hordes. Dhengiz Khan walked around the wall and conquered China. After that reign was over, the Chinese extended the wall to make sure that wouldn't happen again... And thatit is a souvereign country :)

Anyway:

welcome on IT.
Sweetie asks good questions that will help you to be clearer and the rest to understand what you are looking for.

It all depends on the resources Mongolia has available, but considering it's proximity to China and Russia it should be pretty easy to find production companies willing to travel there considering the increased popularity in films both regions are experiencing.

Sorry, I haven't posted on this for quite a while.
We've found a partner for our new project. Thank you for your comments.

Back