• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Cell Phone Monologues

Want to make a short movie? Make a CELL PHONE MONOLOGUE!
http://www.sonnyboo.com/cellphone.php

Basically, a Cell Phone Monologue is taking the concept of an actor's monologue and turning it into a short film with kick ass camera work.

Most actor monologues are poorly shot, single angle shoots for auditions. We want to combine great acting with matching cinematography. Goal is to make monologues as visually interesting as possible. Also, re-enacting visually some of what they are describing is cool too.

The ground rules are fairly simple:

1. Should be between 2-4 minute total running time
  2. No more than 3 locations
  3. No actor can do more than 1 monologue in the series
  4. The audience cannot hear anyone else speaking, on the other line or speaking to the actor
  5. Try to avoid pop culture references (IE, no politicians, rock stars, movie stars, TV shows, or music talk if possible, but it's your choice)
  6. Try to make it a half day shoot at the most
Do I care if you exactly follow the "rules""? Nope. Not really. It's your movie.

THERE IS NO COST, NO SUBMISSION FEES - nothing to participte. There are no prizes or 'winners' to this either.

Send me a link and I'll add it to the playlist on the YouTubes and Vimeo.

Here's an example of one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPjhLTO0knk

This could be a great platform for cross promotion. Good call. I would like to give it a try. Will need some actors for this one in order to get "kick ass" camera work... or a camera crew...
The ideas are sprouting as I type.

I've been going back and forth with an actress for a while via email about getting together and shooting something... and this might be just the carrot to make it so. :yes:

I love this idea. I've been wanting to do a short like this... I've got a couple good ideas (at least I think they're good). :)

Back