"Devil Inside" Has anyone seen this yet?

I've been off the board for a few months so I don't know if there is a running thread on this movie under a different heading, but the last few days I've seen tons of articles about this "micro-budget" horror, purchased by Paramount for "$1 million," and is now making gobs of money even though no one seems to like it.

Curious if anyone has seen this, what the reality check is on this movie and if the backstory of its origins are even accurate. I haven't seen it yet but the marketing budget must be huge because I've seen tons of commercials.

I dont know.....I did see al of the Rec and paranormal activity movies.....and I love low budget movies.....but. paranormal activity is fucking boring......so....I skip this one.

Trailer looks gay and same old shit. They just had hellavu good advertising with little new movie competition.
He'll they bought billboards in my city that really isn't that big.

By "backstory," I'm referring to the story that it was a micro-budget indie film that was discovered and purchased by Paramount for a million dollars and made $30mil its first weekend. If this is true then it should be seen as a success story for indie filmmakers. If this is just marketing hype and Paramount just commissioned a low budget horror for $1 mil to capitalize on the success of Paranormal Activity then that's a whole different story.

The guy's not a new director, just IMDB him...

He makes bank. And the budget, my guess, was not "micro budget", probably 500K or so.

P.S. if the movie is anything like STAY ALIVE then people should've known already...

I haven't heard of any of those movies. Have any of them received distribution? I didn't expect he was a first time director, but I am curious whether the movie was independently funded and then sold to Paramount or if he had a previous relationship with them and they hired him and provided the funds.

I haven't heard of any of those movies. Have any of them received distribution? I didn't expect he was a first time director, but I am curious whether the movie was independently funded and then sold to Paramount or if he had a previous relationship with them and they hired him and provided the funds.

Stay Alive was a major theatrical release.

The likelyhood is that it isn't a grassroots story like Paranormal Activity was. Marketing Hype and effective at that, because if it cost 1M to acquire, you spend 10M to market it, it's 33M up, that's 3x the number. Even if it's crap and it tanks from here on out he's good to go.

Oh, I thought Stay Alive was great fun...in a really atrocious sort of way! Mixed feelings on this one though. I love a good exorcism movie, but dislike found footage movies. I'll wait for the dvd. As Kholi said, they've certainly made money on this one.

That sort of marketing ploy (while often effective) always annoys the hell out of me. It's like bands being billed as "indie rock" while being on major labels. Or (one of my favorites) Bad Religion being nominated for an MTV music award "Best New Artist" in 1994...for a band whose first album was in 1981 and a song first recorded in 1990. Not even the first video of theirs on MTV; I remember seeing them in 1991. But it's all about perception.

Back