• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Resonance of Cinema (Recreating meaning through montage)

Hi everyone,

If you have some time, feel free to check out this first edit for an experimental video channel that I am making.

This is a montage of shots from different films, blended together to create a new viewing experience.

My main idea is to inspire audiences to check out some of these 'older' films that appear in this video and the upcoming ones.

I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFbWCv0A1Jk&t=3s

Thank you again!
AlecsuL

Very nice.
The 1st music track seemed to fade out a bit abruptly.
If you want people to appreciate these old films, it would be cool if you could list them in the description along with the times they appear in the video :)

Thanks for the reply, yes I will have to be more careful with the sound edit, it's tricky to keep the momentum of some cuts.

I did think about posting the film names, and I think it probably is a good idea. The reason I did not add them in the first place is that I wanted to encourage people to see how many films they can guess themselves, but in the long run, it's going to be quite difficult even for experienced cinephiles to recognise some films.

I will definitely reconsider this and probably update it with my next post.

Cheers for letting me know!

AlecsuL

Back