• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

My Indiegogo Campaign Needs your help

Hey everyone,

First off, let me tell you who I am and what I do.

My name is Steve and I am a Freelance Illustrator and Animator. I graduated from the Academy of Art University San Francisco back in 2009 with a BFA in Character Animation. I had a brief stint with a small independent animation studio, but left once the project was scrapped. Now I work out of my home doing illustrations and such.

Having said this, while I have good equipment to work from, its old and my Intel based Mac broke on me for the third time (EVEN THIS ONE IS OLD AND WAS UNDERPERFORMING!!!) I'm tired of having to stop production because of a broken computer.

The issue is, that's where I animate! my PowerMac G5 is way too old to do any animation and Autodesk is sticklers for licensing so I cannot run Maya on two computers at once...nor do I really want to.

So I need new equipment to continue to grow as an artist but as like everything, new stuff costs money!!!!

This is where IndieGoGo comes along. I need your help! There's 19 days left in the campaign and I am no where near my goal. Granted if I can reach at least $4000 or $5000, I can get started without all that I've requested.

Go to: http://igg.me/p/60436?a=369427 to watch the video and if you go into my gallery, you'll find another video featuring my portfolio (it has some animations on there)

I really need your help here to make this happen! Thank you.

Last edited:
This is probably the most ridiculous IGG campaigns I've seen.

You want us to pay for your new MACBOOK and IPAD 2?!!

Get real.

Ho-leee shhhh...

I need an indiedoodoo account for my mortgage because that's where all my stuff is, where I sleep at, and from where I can set up indiedoodoo accounts for people to pay my mortgage.

Congrats on your current $355!

I love this campaign!

He doesn’t want to hunt for erasers and pencils so he wants other people
to buy him an iPad. I love, love, love the “saving trees” pitch!

And he’s thinking ahead - he doesn’t want to bog down his new Mac Book
Pro so he wants other people to buy him a fully loaded Mac Pro, too.

I'm saving this one. I hope he gets all he needs. Saving trees is so important
and we all know how annoying hunting for erasers and pencils can be.

I'm saving this one. I hope he gets all he needs. Saving trees is so important
and we all know how annoying hunting for erasers and pencils can be.

mandaughter.jpg

Best of luck to him. I'd love it if people bought me new gear too. And a taco.

It may behoove many of us entertaining such crowdsourcing/crowdfunding ideas to review the elements and characteristics to a variety of successful campaigns.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects?filter_quick=successes&pbigg_id=1

As well as successful film campaigns.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects?f..._status=success&filter_funding=&commit=SEARCH

Goodness: $325,927 RAISED OF $75,000 GOAL
http://www.indiegogo.com/Angry-Video-Game-Nerd-The-Movie

Here you go. This is how you do it.
OUR STORY
Over the past 7 years, James Rolfe's "The Angry Video Game Nerd" series has amassed a huge internet audience worldwide. The show generally revolves around retro game reviews that involve bitter rants against games he deems to be of particularly low-quality or poor design. With over 700,000 YouTube subscribers and 30 million hits monthly on his own company website (cinemassacre.com), James sets out to culminate his popular internet franchise with "Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie."

So, lettuce do some math:
30,000,000 monthly hits
x 2 month typical indiegogo campaign
= 60,000,000 exposures to film fund pandering
/ $325,927 contributions (among 5,972 contributors = $54 avg.)
= $0.05 (half a penny per website hit)

Assuming the same interest in any given project, simply multiply your monthly hits by half a penny to calculate a possible 60day contribution amount.

I think I could get about... eh... maybe... 2¢.
Maybe.

Last edited:
Back