• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Ultra Slo-mo Macro Video experiment

I was connected through indietalk to a musician who wanted some video accompaniments for his music, so I took it as the perfect chance to do some experimenting. I shot on my t3i with Magic Lantern, shutter speed at 1/4100, 60fps, and lit the hell out of a small water tank which I dropped food coloring into. I used an awesome 3 dollar reverse lens mount on a 28mm lens to shoot in macro. The one issue I took with the entire project was that finding focus in macro photography is so difficult already, and shooting in video just made it worse... Still, I think it turned out awesome! Let me know your thoughts

http://youtu.be/0Jp-b_HkEms

Thank you! I'm very happy with it, as well. I'll probably use the basic concept to create a full music video sometime, just because I think it does turn out very very cool.

And, yup, that's what I did

hey sam, cool work. love the sound, i know it was for a sound studio.

i feel like it was out of focus or Gaussian blurred as an effect possibly? if that's what you're going for ace. it'd be cool to play with focus - racking etc between the colors... just as a thought, i feel like the sharpness is what can really hold a viewer.

just a random thought, i'm sure it's the way you want it to be. and it's awesome work.

ah true, pulling focus in and out would be cool! the trick is having enough hands to do that and handle the water/food coloring, but that would be cool since finding focus in macro is so crazy tough already...thanks!

and steve, I used 2 500 watt work lights about 10 inches from the little aquarium, and my iso was still at 1250! it was pretty nuts haha

Back