• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Awesome Indie Films

I want this to happen. I really do.

I'm tired of looking through these forums, and sifting through indie films that are so well made, but never get the full exposure it deserves from the hollywood scene.

So I propose, a new way of delivering films. Instead of people searching for good independent movies on Vimeo, Youtube, Blip, etc. Why not have a website dedicated to showcasing an independent short, or feature every week as it's main focus? Now people can go to a website and tune in every single week to watch an amazing independent film, and not just some viral video that a joe-schmo made on his flip cam recording the latest Hollywood celebrity hitting a photographer. That's what youtube's for, Awesome Indie Films is more than that.

It's a site that loves independent flicks that don't get a DVD distributor, that never got the support to make it into a feature, that never had the following to make more and better productions.

AwesomeIndieFilms.tv where almost anyone can watch great indie films at no cost, and that bypass the Hollywood mainstream.

Every week, we will release 1 new film that anyone of the independent industry created and that we enjoy. Anything, ranging from Comedies to Horror can be accepted.

Every Thursday we premiere a new film. Every Saturday we release behind the scenes content (if there is any). Every Monday we release the trailer to next weeks film. This way, every filmmaker gets together to help promote each other by bringing people to the website. Not only that, I want to be able to do an interview of each filmmaker and talk to them about their film to help promote their company, which would be released every Tuesday.

We'll also promote your website, other projects you've done, where they can find more content from you, etc. The point is, we want to help your beloved film get more exposure.

So, we are looking for films for this project. Short Film, Feature Films, you name it. Anything you've got.

Send us an online link of your film, and if we enjoy your movie enough we'll premiere it on our site. We would just need a digital copy of your film that we can upload to our video channels. Nothing will happen to your movie except for adding a small beginning logo to the beginning of your film. Everything else is your complete creation.

Think of this like a television station, except you're not paying money to get it on tv and you'll be getting a wider audience than you could ever imagine.

This project is still in the works, and in order to get it up and running we need to get at least 2 months worth of films to broadcast. So if you're interested in showing Hollywood that there's a new way to distribute your films, please email us your films at awesomeindiefilms@gmail.com

Sorry, super excited and really want this to happen.

But imagine for a second, there was a website where the first week you went there you saw SPIN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP59tQf_njc

Then the next week, you saw The Black Button
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrKnhOJ-R80

Then, First Taste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-x0nYyjDHc

Then, My Name Is Lisa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiRHyzjb5SI

etc. etc. etc.

of course these films wouldn't be promoted on the site unless they actually submitted, but just think of the possibilities and the entertainment!

Think of this like a television station, except you're not paying money to get it on tv and you'll be getting a wider audience than you could ever imagine.

I don't know, I can imagine a pretty wide audience. I have more trouble imagining how you will deliver that audience.

Didn't we just have this discussion last week?

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=40443

I'm not trying to discourage you from doing it, I just don't see much in your post explaining how it would actually work. Getting a bunch of good films together and putting them on a single website is the easy part - the real challenge is how to get the audience to go there to watch the films. What's your plan for that?

I hate to be Debbie-Downer, but vimeo's kinda already got you beat there. Their front-page features a handful of staff picks, and they're usually quite good.

I like the idea of a platform focused on promotion. I had a similar, more small scale one dedicated to SHORT films. How about just a thread here on indietalk where everyone can post embedded youtube videos or link to vimeo vids that they come across. (related question: when will be able to embed vimeo??)

The only catch is that you can only post "good" short films that good a positive reception and are fairly popular. Also, you can't post your own stuff since that would be promotion, but indietalk members can post each others'.

PS. Sorry to hijack your thread TC.

I'm tired of looking through these forums, and sifting through indie films that are so well made, but never get the full exposure it deserves (...) Send us an online link of your film, and if we enjoy your movie enough we'll premiere it on our site.

So instead of looking through forums at well-made indie films, you'll be getting emailed movies to sift through from every delusional filmmaker out there who thinks their most recent feature is the next big thing... and they'll do it, never fear... 'cos there's no shortage of them. :abduct:

If you're already stumbling across great, well-made indiefilms not getting their exposure & recognition... why not just contact the filmmakers of those directly, and showcase their films on your website, along with interviews or whatever.

'cos if you invite the masses to submit... oh lordie, will they ever.

A web site that will need marketing and promotion to draw people in to watch the videos and trailers.

An advertising professional will be needed to come up with a hook that works.

We need another "Where's the beef" to draw people in to visit the site. The ad will have to be placed everywhere.

Last edited:
Exactly. 'Where's the beef' was a multi-million dollar ad campaign. That's the easy way to do it... if you've got the money. I'm assuming no one here does.

So, in light of that, what is the plan for the necessary marketing and promotion to make a site like this successful?

Back