• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Forgotten (Teaser Trailer) Help!

I've recently gone out to film a quick test for my college film project (which is supposed to be black and white).

I know that the time shifting is off due to frame blending as I didn't shoot in a high enough frame rate, and that the warp stabilizer isn't used in the first half of the footage due to render issues but I'd like to know what else is picked up in terms of what I can do better with next time as I'm sure there is a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqwSIFvOGF4

Thanks

I thought the shots looked nice. Exposure was good. (I usually look for blown-out whites, but this was pretty well balanced.)

Are you referring the the Twixtor-ish artifacts as "time shifting?" That did jump out.
I feel like regular time stretch + frame blending would be less distracting. Or fiddling with the Twixtor/ReTimer settings to account for foreground objects moving across the frame.

When I first heard the narration I thought it was more of a comedy, but when I got a bit more context, I realized maybe it's dramatic. (?)

Hopefully some of this helps.

When time-shifting I just used After Effects basic time warp and then frame blended which I now realise that it is a little distracting. It's going to be a dramatic film amd hopefully a feature length film, I'm planning on shooting another teaser/trailer to give more context, any ideas on how I could do that, possibly changing the voice over narration?

Back