• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch half a movie - needs audio & music

Oh my gosh those arms and hands are bitchin cool. Nice makeup job! Hey, dude, with that goatee and 'stache you'd make a pretty cool/cinematic devil, don't ya think? Full body makeup? Just sayin.

=)

(But I hoped you used safe stuff to do that.)

Last edited:
Ha! Good idea, Richy. Now I need to get working on my Underwood Devil costume for Halloween.
2008_Underwood_focused.jpg

Yes, I played it safe with washable tempera paint made for kids. You can pretty much drink a bottle and live to tell. Although your lower GI might not be so pleased...
images

That was some good stuff Jeff. I was imagining all kinds of sound effects. You can make this into one hell of a scary piece my friend.

I enjoyed watching it. Specially the shot experimentation from different angles and reflections. It was damn cool to watch.
Aveek

Thanks Aveek! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. :D I wanted to take advantage of the location, John and his wife's amazing home, and there were all sorts of opportunities around, especially that mirror. That was our hero prop!

Tangent-- speaking of reflections... if you haven't seen the TV series WALLANDER, I highly recommend it. One of those shows that's firing on all pistons. Among its many merits, the camera work and production design create an artful and moody tone that I absolutely love. Lots of shadowy, out of focus colors and shapes in the shots. It's available on Netflix. Along the lines of THE KILLING.

They find all sorts of ways to shoot through props and scenery when pointing at the characters that help create a lot of depth and design to the composition.

And I will be hacking the GH2 soon. Just gotta get a new SD card and take the plunge.

Thanks sylents! Things are definitely in motion, and moving much faster than I had ever dreamed they would.

Just received an update from the FX artist and progress is being made in that department.

BTW - Anyone ever mention that you bear an uncanny resemblance to Harrison Ford? You must get that a lot... had to ask.

I never intended for the dull grey titles to stick around for very long and had wanted to add some sort of texture to them. Finally got around to dropping in a new layer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-DWu6UjoYc​

Will probably slow down the speed of the flames just a bit more; no long list of credits, just 3 and we're into the film. Saving all the credits for the end...

add-theend.png

... which is a long ways off!

Visual FX are now in place. :) Evan did a great job at matching his smoke & fire with the existing smoke & fire from the footage.

screen-shot-2013-02-04-at-9-16-40-am.png

screen-shot-2013-02-04-at-8-57-44-am.png

Didn't have the budget for the swirling vortex of demonic doom so we settled on a happy medium that will serve the film just as well, perhaps even better so as not to overdo it.

We're recording ADR and wild tracks this week along with grabbing a few insert shots.

Many thanks for all the feedback. Your input rekindled my enthusiasm for this project and has helped move it forward.

http://redbrickfilms.wordpress.com/

Cheers!

Last edited:
Agree with slowing down the speed of flames.

And I tried to click play on the "quick time player." Lol. Images look cool and fitting.

Glad it's progressing well.

Hey! Been away for a few days, just got back from the ADR session up in San Jose at John's place. Also grabbed a few insert/pickup shots while we were at it. Plugging them in now. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqWt49o7R-k​

Ernest, I was thinking the same thing and did a version with a slower flame flicker and it actually looks better the way it is. Didn't feel right when slowed down. The speed of the flames seem to work best at 100%, at least in the font.

Steve, you're close. Here's what the end credit will read like:

screen-shot-2013-02-08-at-7-18-09-am.png

Wanted to leave it a bit nebulous. Is it a book? A script? A short story? I'm on the fence. At the moment it'll either be a TV pilot or a feature, but it's definitely a work in progress!

Back