couple things?

I need some solid suggestions for content. Our short film has a scene at the beginning where music plays during a montage of imagery related to the story. The entire film is inside of a house, so the imagery would be things like refrigerator magnets, toothbrushes, his/her sides of the bed, etc. I'm looking for ideas on what to put in this montage to emphasize the fact that there is a couple living in the house. Thus far I have:
-his/her toothbrushes
-his/her shampoo or shower gel
-those homemaker signs that say "a house isn't a home without love" or something of the like
-photo album covers
-his/her shoes
-his/her clothes in a closet
-gender related blankets (i.e. pink and blue)
-Apron/dishwashing gloves immediately followed by images of leather work gloves
-his/her suitcases

anything else that would indicate a couple living there? any suggestions would be great, and thanks in advance!

EDIT: The imagery will be related to a male/female couple for reasons that become clear later in the film, but I can't specify without giving some of it away. Nothing against gay/nonbinary couples!

Last edited:
Just keep your format going - it's all Yin/Yang pairs. You may also want to try just two coats on a coat-rack, two chairs in a breakfast nook or a table set only for two.

Don't forget to include photos of the couple in the montage interspersed amongst the other items, i. e. a vacation picture on the 'fridge with the magnets.

Are they childless? Empty nesters? You may want to establish that, as well.

Unfortunately, I can't really show photos of the couple just yet because one of their identities is part of the twist. Their lack of children is something I'll have to put in there. Any suggestions?

Back