Thoughts on MA in International Film Business?

I am very interested in going into the business side of film (possibly UPM, producer or studio distribution and marketing). About to finish an undergraduate degree (4 year) in International Business in December and with some production experience, I am wondering what my next step should be.

I have been looking into film producing and more film business oriented graduate and certificate programs. Recently I came across the MA in International Film Business offered by London Film School in partnership with the University of Exeter. I have not found a lot of information about the program other than what is on the school's web site but it looks very interesting, with an emphasis on networking and strategy development. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with the program?

Look at the cost vs number of job opportunities. I'd go with a MBA elsewhere, then specialize in film after graduation. That way if you get knocked down by reality, you can still get a decent career doing something else.

Good luck.

Back