• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Why Pulp fiction did win best picture but Fargo didn't?

I've watched both. Pulp Fiction's directing well, but the film is overrated due to dialogues.
On the other hand, Fargo... It is not cut-n-cut film. It is funnier. It has best ever plot. Its all characters (specially the two evil) are pretty nice. It is made with a style, while, pulp fiction is made with an idea. Two differ that Fargo is mature, Pulp Fiction is not so...
It is like this: You have two scenarios, one is well defined, the other is Not so.. And you know? Dialogues in Pulp Fiction or Quotes as people call it are made from those types of dialogues that have a suppose, it supposes it is good, but that's not enough for a film who wants to make a best picture. A Best Picture can be a culture, so deep in effect on culture of people and impressive. Plz don't say there are no such films, go watch these films: Raising Arizona, Phone Booth, Rango, And Fargo....... It is a real comedy...
Fargo has many stories in itself, too, but that does not make itself randomly so well.......

Thanks!

"Pulp Fiction" didn't win Best Picture.

The Oscar for Best Picture rarely goes to a movie that has a deep effect
on culture. It usually goes to what or who is popular at the moment.

What best picture award do you think "Pulp Fiction" got?

"Pulp Fiction" didn't win Best Picture.

The Oscar for Best Picture rarely goes to a movie that has a deep effect
on culture. It usually goes to what or who is popular at the moment.

What best picture award do you think "Pulp Fiction" got?

Yes, you agree, it didn't win best picture. I think I didn't expect it win any Oscar and was surprised and so thought it won best picture. Or maybe I meant best film in another place. Just don't remember.

Thanks!

Pulp Fiction is easily in my top 10. Fargo is pretty good.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. But that doesn't mean either of us is right. You didn't like Pulp Fiction, but many, many other people did. Still, that should never dictate what you do or do not like.

Pulp Fiction did win the Palm D'Or...

Both of those movies are great. I wouldn't have a problem with either one winning the big one. My wife and I quote both of them, "ya."

Anyway, PULP FICTION didn't have a chance, as it was up against SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION and FORREST GUMP. The winner was GUMP.

PULP FICTION won Best Original Screenplay.

I actually like The Shawshank Redemption more than Forrest Gump and Pulp Fiction.

And I like The English Patient more than Fargo (Fargo is still pretty good), and felt that The English Patient deserved best picture compared to the other nominees.

Yes, you agree, it didn't win best picture. I think I didn't expect it win any Oscar and was surprised and so thought it won best picture. Or maybe I meant best film in another place. Just don't remember.
Since Pulp Fiction didn't win best picture and Fargo didn't win
best picture then I don't understand your post. Other than to
tell up you like one movie more than another.

But that's fine. As you can see people love talking about the
movies they like over other movies. I, too, like some movies
better than others. Between Fargo and Pulp Fiction I'd have
a difficult time deciding. I like both of them. Both scripts won
Best Original Screenplay. But then I feel the Oscar's are completely
meaningless.

The year Pulp Fiction was nominated Forrest Gump won. Let me
ask you, nobody, why did Forrest Gump win Best Picture but Pulp
Fiction didn't?

Since Pulp Fiction didn't win best picture and Fargo didn't win
best picture then I don't understand your post. Other than to
tell up you like one movie more than another.

But that's fine. As you can see people love talking about the
movies they like over other movies. I, too, like some movies
better than others. Between Fargo and Pulp Fiction I'd have
a difficult time deciding. I like both of them. Both scripts won
Best Original Screenplay. But then I feel the Oscar's are completely
meaningless.

The year Pulp Fiction was nominated Forrest Gump won. Let me
ask you, nobody, why did Forrest Gump win Best Picture but Pulp
Fiction didn't?

I didn't watch Forrest Gump. But I can talk about Fargo.
Fargo is more loved by experts than Big Lebowski. In the first time, after I saw Fargo, everything was real for me. But I did think to myself that Is it really the only film made so? I didn't know the answer. Fargo is criticizing Western culture, while, Pulp Fiction is impressed by it. Pulp Fiction, is one story with some relations to other things, but Fargo has stories inside. It is good, Pulp is evil. This was unique feature made me think, because usually good positive films are bad. Film makers love evil more than good. Most of them don't know how to show good, so, they don't choose it.

Thanks!

I understand. You like Fargo better than Pulp Fiction.
Fargo is more loved by experts than Big Lebowski.
Experts don't always feel the same way about movies as you do,
do they? I'm no expert but I like Big Lebowski better than Fargo.
But it's great to find a movie that is real for you, isn't it?

Back