• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

NNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! My idea, no longer my idea.

I thought I had the most genius idea for a screenplay. I thought it was so genius that I was wondering why it hadn't been made yet.

It's been made. DAMMIT!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3lFBq7_CPk

Based on the advice of people who's opinions I trust, I think I should continue forward. Though the basic premise is the same, the Hollywood version appears to be very different from the version I plan to make. Maybe I can use this to my advantage? Like, hey Hollywood, thanks for whitewashing what should've been a great story.

Nevertheless, I do look forward to seeing the Hollywood version. Maybe they'll get some things right. Maybe I can learn from their mistakes?

RAGE OF THE FIRE!!!

Any concept that you can think of now has been done already. I mean after all, film has been developing for over 100 years. So it's how creative you can be with the concept is what matters.

Pretty sure the concept for my superhero action comedy hasn't been done!

But since I started development with my original title, Divinity, two films have been entered into preproduction on IMDB. So I'll have to change my title by adding a dick joke into it.

I came up with the American Idol concept when I worked for TV and even pitched it to the big boss. He said it'd cost too much to produce. This was in 1991. I always thought it had potential.

Then I came up with teddybears that would only pretend to not be alive. Developed it, until I saw Toystory, which was exactly the same thing. But they had been faster than me, I just didn't see the movie when it was new.

I came up with the American Idol concept when I worked for TV and even pitched it to the big boss. He said it'd cost too much to produce. This was in 1991. I always thought it had potential.

Then I came up with teddybears that would only pretend to not be alive. Developed it, until I saw Toystory, which was exactly the same thing. But they had been faster than me, I just didn't see the movie when it was new.

I wouldn't put too much stock in somebody else doing something that is even extremely similar to what you are doing. The reason is because we all have different unique visions. Just because Toy Story had the same basic concept of your teddybears, I have a feeling the stories and perhaps even the tone of those two projects would be vastly different. As far as living toys, Chuckie pre-dates Toy Story.

I am always interested in seeing different takes on similar stories and genres. There are a bunch of buddy cop movies out there, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see another one.

You're right, Mike. The character's personality different and it's a completely different adventure. But the big thrill is gone, developing it, when the idea isn't as one of a kind unique anymore. So, you continue with something that excites you even more.

At the end of the day, ideas are ideas, and there are endlessly of them.

lol I know that feeling :D when you have done script for half year and on the news is that 2 big company's do the same like out of nowhere :D

I don't think it comes out of nowhere.
There seems to be secret cloud our minds tap into unconsiously, so when an idea is hanging there in that cloud, you can expect multiple minds getting that inspiration. ;)

My closest story-adviser and I discussed an important way in which I can make a strong differentiation between my movie and the one Hollywood produced. And, in fact, maybe my movie benefits by contrasting itself against that one. And I wouldn't have thought of this new element, if not for the existence of the Hollywood production.

Kismet! Rage of the Fire is still on!

Back