• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Nearly completed Feature film!

I hated writing at school (never finished school for that fact), most I had ever written was 3 pages worth of stuff.

today I am 60 pages through and have written around 11,000 words, the more im writing the more im enjoying the story but worrying how I am going to get to the end.

nonetheless I have done it all without Alcohol (my secret editing recipe) and with a nagging girlfriend on my back and 2 kids climbing infront of my screen, spilling my drink on my HDD jumping on my head etc etc

anyway, by next weekend I shall have written my first draft hopefully.

I wanted to know how many pages a day do you usually write at your best effort? so far I have reached 14 without disturbances and around 5-6 pages at home.

It sounds like you were being properly distracted while writing. When writing a script you should concentrate fully to avoid to continuous read over and edit. It depends on my mood. I can write an entire script within one day but I prefer to spread it out. When you wake up and read it again, most times you gain new ideas.

It sounds like you were being properly distracted while writing. When writing a script you should concentrate fully to avoid to continuous read over and edit. It depends on my mood. I can write an entire script within one day but I prefer to spread it out. When you wake up and read it again, most times you gain new ideas.

you can write a feature in a day? what drugs?

A day has 24 hours, it is possible. I wouldn't recommend it because your brain needs time to think and be creative. If you already have everything planned on paper then you can.

Back