• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Looking for investors

Toeing the line carefully please. This is a thread requesting interested financiers, not debating religion (forum rules, etc.). I've moved the thread out of the discussions area into the classifieds section.

Religious films are usually quite high on ROI as they have an enthralled and starving for content audience. If the OP has a history of successful films (real names will behoove you in people who are potential investors doing their due diligence), this is probably a better investment than the next horror movie or crime drama from a financial standpoint. Hoping for only devotees to contribute is highly specific and this probably wouldn't be your best place to search for investors in that case. If you don't mind folks who are in it just for the money, then you'll need to know that your potential investors may not even be Christian at all.

You'll need to decide if that's a consideration you're willing to make. If you're just seeking funds, this may need to be just about the money and the faith based a sect a selling point for distro rather than financing. Financially, faith films are one of the best for ROI as the content is generally more important to the target audience than the presentation. This allow for smaller budgets an bigger returns.

I hate to be a bug in your ointment, but how are you able to break it down enough to produce a budget if the screenplay hasn't been written?

And as Knightly said, religious films can have a very high ROI due to their obsessive home entertainment market with church groups buying in bulk for their congregation.

Lastly, if you're in the US and you're approaching the general public looking for investors, you really should have a prospectus otherwise you risk getting popped for breaching securities law. Unless you're only looking for non profit sharing donations.

Lastly, if you're in the US and you're approaching the general public looking for investors, you really should have a prospectus otherwise you risk getting popped for breaching securities law. Unless you're only looking for non profit sharing donations.
GAH! Excellent point!

I forgot all about this!: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=39122
Bill/Carl, you need to spend some time reading through this, especially that interview stuff.

Donors.
Investors.
Not the same thing.

In response to all this, I'll throw an excuse in there. Just got off a near 20 hour work day, and thought this post was a scam at first. I'm still wondering, truth be told, but after reading some of the posts from the moderator and rayw, I re-examined this all, and find it quite interesting. I actually own both Facing the Giants and Fireproof (the latter of which is pretty good, if I remember correctly).

My parents are both pastors, and while I was 15 I was a youth pastor at the church. Because youth and movies go hand in hand so much, trying to find good quality Christian films were always difficult for me, even though I searched long and hard. But yes, as said in this post, church groups do buy in bulk many times.

I think I'm going to self drop out of this thread now. Because other than a "Good luck", I can't contribute too much.

One day, and soon, I may be in this fellow's shoes looking for an investor also. So judge not lest ye be judged. Biblical messages all over this place :P
Cheers.

Also, the Hendrick brothers involved with Facing the Giants and Fireproof worked their asses right off to make their films. I respect that. A man deserves credit where credit is due. They didn't make their film financially successful for hopeful thinking. They worked very hard.

In the meantime, back to watching Mad Men.

I don't get it. what's the religious angle in a movie about a bus rescue? I'm not trying to be facetious. I sincerely would like to know what the religious appeal is here to further my understanding of this audience.

Well, we got nowhere here. I did however find another God loving investor on another movie forum. And it happens to be a producer and the owner of the forum. So with this, guys, I will leave you to this thread. May God be with you all.

Well, we got nowhere here. I did however find another God loving investor on another movie forum. And it happens to be a producer and the owner of the forum. So with this, guys, I will leave you to this thread. May God be with you all.
Congratulations on locating another God loving investor! :yes:

I'm sorry that you felt like you got nowhere here and am sincerely disappointed you're choosing to leave this forum as your project is quite interesting to me and likely others.
Furthermore, it's progress review from conception to completion would be beneficial.

Please reconsider.

Good luck & God bless.

Ray

Back