Calling all extras based on the Mornington Peninsula, VIC!!

No, we don’t have Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt in our film, nor will we dress you up as vampires/Goths/rock chicks, nor make you stand around on a beach in your bikini in the middle of winter.

But we are making a film.

As seen in the press in news articles by The Mornington Peninsula Leader (2 Nov 2004) and The Hastings Independent (26 Oct 2004), our short film is looking for extras, actuals, or “background artists” as The Independent so beautifully put it.

So, what are we looking for?

People who can look like upmarket city dwellers – any nationality, any height, any size – the only stipulation is that you are over 16 years old and prepared to donate your time to the project (just like the rest of the cast and crew are doing).

We are looking specifically for people based on the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia - as this is a local project celebrating local talent.

We’d also like people who have a professional attitude (while also being able to have fun), as we have a couple of local papers covering the shoot during filming (taking photos, interviewing people involved) and will be also filming a “making of” doco.

So, what do you get for your time and generosity?

Fed very well, the chance to work on a local short film that is intended for various festivals and screenings nationally and internationally, and an official screening for cast and crew once the film is completed (in late January). You’ll also be covered by Public Liability for the duration of the shoot and have some of Australia’s most highly qualified First Aiders on hand if anything untoward happens (which of course, it won't!)

You'll also be working with a professional cast and crew (all of whom are also volunteering their time and talents).

So, when will you be required?

The first weekend in December – Saturday, Dec 4th and Sunday, Dec 5th.

And where?

In Mt Martha, on the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria (about an hour out of Melbourne - down the coast). The actual location will be revealed to those who are selected at the time of selection.

So, what are you waiting for!?!

Send in a photo (headshot or happy snap), along with a page about yourself and why you want to be involved (include a CV as well if you have one), to PO Box 526, Mt Martha VIC 3934. Or you can email them to: digital_dreamings@yahoo.com.au

PLEASE INCLUDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER WHEN APPLYING SO WE MAY CONTACT YOU IF YOU’RE SUCCESSFUL!

Applications for Extra positions close on Friday, November 12th.

Please be aware that this is unpaid work.

Hey guys I live in Somerville on the Peninsula and was wondering if you still need any extras for the film? I'll also send you an email, but I frequent this more. If there's any spots still available I'm willing to come along! :)

Hey guys I live in Somerville on the Peninsula and was wondering if you still need any extras for the film? I'll also send you an email, but I frequent this more. If there's any spots still available I'm willing to come along! :)

I think you're five and a half years too late… :)

Back