Tex is Here!

Howdy all,

My name is Tex and I am one of those wannabe filmmakers! After lurking around the site for a bit I have registered. I hope to gain some experience along the way thanks to the amazing info here!

A little bit about me:

I started making videos about 6 years ago when I figured out my Canon snapshot camera had a video mode. I am a truck driver by trade and I put the trucking and the videomaking together. I have a YouTube channel (search 593films) with around 2200 subscribers. I wouldn't say anything I've made would be considered "professional" but it's a hobby!

I was a co-host for a TV show that filmed 15 episodes but unfortunately the pilot was not picked up. It gave me some great insight on the inner workings of a film crew. I got to "pick their brains" a bit and even though the show never happened, I walked away with a little more knowledge.

A couple of friends of mine are contemplating putting together some funds and start filming various shorts and TV submission reels and do it as polished looking as possible. We are still a long way off from where we want to be but you gotta start somewhere!!!

Thx for the great site and I hope to have some good conversations with all of you!

Tex

Dang, you're off to a good start!

Working on any ideas in particular, cowboy?
smiley_texas.gif

Dang, you're off to a good start!

Working on any ideas in particular, cowboy?
smiley_texas.gif

Well Steve, I do have a few ideas but I learned early on not to let the cat out of the bag. I will say that we have a couple of ideas bouncing around for TV shows that could air on Speed or SpikeTV. Definitely along the lines of cars and a road race... with a twist! (always a twist, isn't there...)

A friend of mine has a business that he feels he could film in the style of Sons of Guns or Pawn Stars :rolleyes: and put it on the 'net to drum up business and who knows, get picked up by a network.

There are short film ideas I have as well but I need much more hands-on time with the proper equipment before I can pull off a smooth professional look.

Stay tuned!:cool:

Back