• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Rain The Movie Trailer#2 Watch it guys !

Good effort. I didn't like it honestly. I wouldn't see the movie based on this trailer. There is no story here... just a guy walking randomly, shooting at something, and pointing a gun to his head. The image is too dark and the gun is weird.
The voiceover is good.

Keep doing this things and you'll get better with practice.

The After Effects Rain Kinda ruined the trailer for me. It isn't realistic enough especially if the whole concept is built around the rain. The voice over work was good as was the music.

Thanks !

Though I think this trailer doesn't really focus on the plot , I just tried to focus more on the character , Anyway Thanks for the comments guys , I'll keep that in mind XD
I'll try to make the rain appear better than this , Thanks anyway ! Appreciate you're being honest :D

Though I think this trailer doesn't really focus on the plot , I just tried to focus more on the character , Anyway Thanks for the comments guys , I'll keep that in mind XD
I'll try to make the rain appear better than this , Thanks anyway ! Appreciate you're being honest :D

By all means keep trying. I think the effect you are looking for with the rain would be better from a rain hose. Fake rain looks just like that fake. Because there are no drops hitting your subject the water isn't running down him etc. Some things can be done in visual effects and others just have to be done with practical. Keep moving forward in your productions.

not bad. here is my input.. i would start from black screen and we hear the thunder.. everything else seems good but see if you can find some close up footage to incorporate in there too.. .. we only see him in the trailer and it be nice to see more people.. makes it more interesting that way. also u got a short segment for 3-4 seconds all black screen.. i would but something over it.. see if you can get some action shots.. maybe sex scenes or a kiss to spice things up.

Good effort. I didn't like it honestly. I wouldn't see the movie based on this trailer. There is no story here... just a guy walking randomly, shooting at something, and pointing a gun to his head. The image is too dark and the gun is weird.
The voiceover is good.

Keep doing this things and you'll get better with practice.

There is a story to it , Though if you couldn't have heard what he was saying due to the music taking over the audio at the end :L , I've added subtitles in form of notes on youtube , So maybe it'll look better to you now ?

And thanks guys ! Ill definitely keep trying , Although this film's budget is about null and I'm running short of actors where I live, Anyway thanks !

Just my opinion from having actualy voiced the whole thing, but I feel this short film is less story based and more character driven. It's a study of an individual's struggle with himself and a way to put forwards a message.

Here are my notes after watching it.

@11 sec mark- need smoke when gun goes off
@18 sec mark - why are you kicking dirt and what does that add to the trailer. I like it but think maybe something else more exciting could be there. Like a kick or some action scene of fighting or something like that.

@ 23 sec mark - This rifle scene did not look convincing to me. I am not certain why you showed it because it does not seem to have anything going other then I hear some gun shots in the background. I did not see any dirt or dust flying after the gun shots at him or see him moving to evade shots that were fired in his direction. I would consider removing or replacing this scene.

@27 sec mark - Remove part where he pulls the trigger from the video footage and instead have the gun shot in the audio when it says coming soon. This where it shows him with the gun to his head in the video footage then it goes black screen and says coming soon with the gun shot fired. Reason I would do it as it would add to the suspense also the current way you got it looks fake to me when he jerks his head and there is not blood or smoke from the gun firing or brains flying. So thus much easier to not show the gun fire but do it as I described earlier.

My take from the trailer is that the guy is probably a hit man that is tired of doing the job and decides to take his own life because he does not think he can reform. Not sure I am correct but that is my gut thought after watching it. So if there is more to the movie then you should try to convey that to the audience in the trailer so we have at least some idea what this is about.

Is there more than one person in this movie. If there is it would be good to show someone else in the video. Perhaps his love interest or the bad guy or show both.

The after effects rain did not bother me. I thought of Sin City when I was watching this for the visuals. That voice over reminded me of spiderman or maybe kickass. Are you going for that black and white look with certain things having color like Sin City did for visuals? I think the after effect rain gives it that comic book feel.

Last edited:
Interesting perspective on the comic-book feel, and I agree, my voice over does sound like it would fit that style.
Man you're good. XD

It's not my choice or even my movie though, I'm just a hired hand so I'll shut up now. ;)

Here are my notes after watching it.

@11 sec mark- need smoke when gun goes off
@18 sec mark - why are you kicking dirt and what does that add to the trailer. I like it but think maybe something else more exciting could be there. Like a kick or some action scene of fighting or something like that.

@ 23 sec mark - This rifle scene did not look convincing to me. I am not certain why you showed it because it does not seem to have anything going other then I hear some gun shots in the background. I did not see any dirt or dust flying after the gun shots at him or see him moving to evade shots that were fired in his direction. I would consider removing or replacing this scene.

@27 sec mark - Remove part where he pulls the trigger from the video footage and instead have the gun shot in the audio when it says coming soon. This where it shows him with the gun to his head in the video footage then it goes black screen and says coming soon with the gun shot fired. Reason I would do it as it would add to the suspense also the current way you got it looks fake to me when he jerks his head and there is not blood or smoke from the gun firing or brains flying. So thus much easier to not show the gun fire but do it as I described earlier.

My take from the trailer is that the guy is probably a hit man that is tired of doing the job and decides to take his own life because he does not think he can reform. Not sure I am correct but that is my gut thought after watching it. So if there is more to the movie then you should try to convey that to the audience in the trailer so we have at least some idea what this is about.

Is there more than one person in this movie. If there is it would be good to show someone else in the video. Perhaps his love interest or the bad guy or show both.

The after effects rain did not bother me. I thought of Sin City when I was watching this for the visuals. That voice over reminded me of spiderman or maybe kickass. Are you going for that black and white look with certain things having color like Sin City did for visuals? I think the after effect rain gives it that comic book feel.
I see your perspective , Though I wanted not to show him blowing his head up , I just wanted it as you said , But I had done this entirely on after effects , And couldn't just get the thing to fade away at the right time cause I didn't pay much attention to that , Also When I noticed it was coming up that way it had already rendered the stuff , and rendering this thing took a lot of time , Yes I would like to consider adding those effects in the movie though , eg, Smoke coming off and things .. Thanks for your advice though ! I'll really consider making it look a lot better when the movie is entirely done , And as far as other people are considered , This movie is just gonna be about 5 mins Long , Or maybe shorter , So I didn't want to show the Real stuff in the trailer at once ! , Thats why I kept it short and uninteresting but interesting enough for those who like these sort of genres , Anyway Thanks !

Last edited:
Back