I need your help tell me what i could do better

So I made a video for a contest for mountain dew and this video you can see on youtube. It had to be only 30 seconds. Tell me what you think? The contest also requires to have 5000 views to be eligible so what can i do to make it have more views as well thanks guys! And do me a favor just watch my video because the others are in the contest too

this is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOJvcvpPtI

Last edited:
Good pacing.

It seems to me,

The "geography" at the end is confusing, I tried to draw it out, and based on the eyelines and the angles of the balls being thrown, they don't seem to be in the same place..

HB = HeadBand guy
CG = Chubby Guy
GC = Golf Coach
BB = BaseBall guy

and the subject of their attention..
MD = Mountain Dew

First we have
CG looking "right" at the MD...and "hb" looking at the GC as he gets hit by the golf ball...
Next we have GC looking where we assume he just hit the ball (eyeline is a bit to the left), then he turns to the RIGHT to look at where the ball came from BB.
Next BB looks left at GC.
Now CG and HB look down and then up at each other,
GC looks hard left presumably at MD, which if CG is looking at it, then MD is BETWEEN CG and GC. (this is the first spatial confusion) The golf coach cant be both Left and below the chubby guy..

And finally, BB looks hard right.. at what Ill assume to be the MD, but it doesn't add up.. :)
BB guy cant be both below and to the left of the MD..

Not and easy spatial problem. I have NO IDEA how you deal with the line of action with 5 actors (MD is a subject too!)

One master shot might clear it up.. But my guess is you had everyone there at different times, hence we never see them together..

Ok, well, here is my attempt to apply what Iv been reading about lines of action to this problem..'

When the actors all arrive and start looking at each other, the line of action should be between the actors (the curves dashed line in my pic), though everyone can arrive at LOOK in the direction of the dew. The camera picks ONE side of this line to be on.. I picked the outside, because we KNOW that eventually a line of action will be set up between the actors and the dew.. but were not there yet..

Now, as the actors interact, the camera stays on the outside of the line(the camera in the pic is just possible positions.. you can be anywhere on that side of the line and it will still work) you can see that the actors will have to turn and face the camera, but they will do this to intact, so it make sense to the viewer. When golf coach turns Left hes looking at head band, when he turns right hes looking at baseball.
Head band and chub never look left, and baseball never looks right.. once they are done interacting, and they all look "up" at the MD, you can do OTS from any (or all) of the actors looking at the dew.. or, you can even cross the line, but only on the outsides.. meaning, either to the left of chub, or to the right of baseball. You CANT cross the new line between dew and the outside actor.. but now, you can get ALL the actors, including the DEW in the same shot.. or even an OTS from the POV of the DEW!...

You could cross the line on the outside like I said above, anytime, as you have already established a line between the actors and the dew when everyone looks at it when they first arrive.. (unless they dont)

Hope this is useful and coherent.. :)

Attachments

• md_linesofaction.jpg
    md_linesofaction.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Back