Hello From Wales!

Hi guys

I'm Geraint, from Wales, I'm really just getting into proper, structured, film making (Though from a young age I have made small videos from animations to live action), but now I have the people, with the skills I don't have to make film of a good quality, and learn from them (Hopefully!).

Over the last 2 years I've been working on a web series with friends and others that I've met in my area through college and networking, which is starting to shoot in January, and around that I have short films and videos that I'll be making with my core team in our free time, for a mix of entertainment and to develop our skills as film makers.

Personally I'm willing to help out anyone in any way I can, and I hope I can be a regular on here, and really get involved in the community!

Hi guys

I'm Geraint, from Wales, I'm really just getting into proper, structured, film making (Though from a young age I have made small videos from animations to live action), but now I have the people, with the skills I don't have to make film of a good quality, and learn from them (Hopefully!).

Over the last 2 years I've been working on a web series with friends and others that I've met in my area through college and networking, which is starting to shoot in January, and around that I have short films and videos that I'll be making with my core team in our free time, for a mix of entertainment and to develop our skills as film makers.

Personally I'm willing to help out anyone in any way I can, and I hope I can be a regular on here, and really get involved in the community!

Greetings, fellow hobo :)

What's the web series about?

Greetings, fellow hobo :)

What's the web series about?

Hey there! The name actually comes from a joke I made when myself and my friend were thinking up a name for our Youtube channel/company!

The web series is a grounded adaption of a younger Sherlock Holmes (17-18) in the modern day (Though that explanation doesn't do it justice!) It's written by my friend, who happens to be an extremely talented writer, so hopefully I'll be able to show the first episode early next year! Thankfully I know a lot of actors through various people, so it's not jsut a bunch of friends jumping around on camera, it's being made as professionally as we can do it!

Hey there! The name actually comes from a joke I made when myself and my friend were thinking up a name for our Youtube channel/company!

The web series is a grounded adaption of a younger Sherlock Holmes (17-18) in the modern day (Though that explanation doesn't do it justice!) It's written by my friend, who happens to be an extremely talented writer, so hopefully I'll be able to show the first episode early next year! Thankfully I know a lot of actors through various people, so it's not jsut a bunch of friends jumping around on camera, it's being made as professionally as we can do it!

Sounds interesting :) What sort of structure are you using (i.e. how many eps, duration of eps, one long story or different stories each week etc)?

Sounds interesting :) What sort of structure are you using (i.e. how many eps, duration of eps, one long story or different stories each week etc)?

Series 1 has an 8 episode structure, at about 25 minutes each, as far as the story goes each episode serves it's own purpose, and works well on its own (We've avoided filler episodes that don't do much) but it also contributes to wider arcs (So it caters to casual viewers who want to take it episode by episode, and the viewer who enjoys picking out the small detail and rewatching to get everything! - We've had about 2 years of planning, so there's a lot of thought!)

I'm a brand new filmmaker who just decided to pick up a camera a few months ago and start shooting. Everything I have done so far has been good practice and probably the most major thing is a music video I've done for my friend.
I know the film industry is a really competitive breakthrough to get into BUT... I really want to kickstart some sort of career. I want to make a short film soon and have a full layout idea and in the middle of writing a script. If anyone has some stories about how they started and what they're proud of so far I would really love to hear it :)

Series 1 has an 8 episode structure, at about 25 minutes each, as far as the story goes each episode serves it's own purpose, and works well on its own (We've avoided filler episodes that don't do much) but it also contributes to wider arcs (So it caters to casual viewers who want to take it episode by episode, and the viewer who enjoys picking out the small detail and rewatching to get everything! - We've had about 2 years of planning, so there's a lot of thought!)

It certainly sounds like a lot of thought has gone into it, although it's quite ambitious to launch a new web series with 25 minute episodes - I agree though, that that is the sort of length these things should be. It seems that less than 10 minutes is the accepted standard, with something closer to 5-7 minutes the ideal - and I find that incredibly limiting and frustrating! Short attention spans online...

Best of luck with it though, and I look forward to seeing it! Also, if you want some feedback on your scripts from a fellow British writer, feel free to PM me :)

It certainly sounds like a lot of thought has gone into it, although it's quite ambitious to launch a new web series with 25 minute episodes - I agree though, that that is the sort of length these things should be. It seems that less than 10 minutes is the accepted standard, with something closer to 5-7 minutes the ideal - and I find that incredibly limiting and frustrating! Short attention spans online...

Best of luck with it though, and I look forward to seeing it! Also, if you want some feedback on your scripts from a fellow British writer, feel free to PM me :)

The 25 minutes is a long time, and we've contemplated shortening each episode but making more, in the end we made the decision to keep the episodes at the longer length, though if it proves to be too much then we'll just have to cut future ones down! (Not to mention the 25 minutes is a read-through time, after cutting they'll probably be a bit shorter anyway). But we're making it because we all love the concept, and our priority is making a quality web series (Seeing as a majority of the cast and crew are going down the media route as full time occupations), so as long as the people who watch the whole thing appreciate it then I'll consider it a success!

I'll certainly consider it! If you like it there's always room for collaboration too if you wanted to!

I'm a brand new filmmaker who just decided to pick up a camera a few months ago and start shooting. Everything I have done so far has been good practice and probably the most major thing is a music video I've done for my friend.
I know the film industry is a really competitive breakthrough to get into BUT... I really want to kickstart some sort of career. I want to make a short film soon and have a full layout idea and in the middle of writing a script. If anyone has some stories about how they started and what they're proud of so far I would really love to hear it :)

Like I said in my intro I've been working on this for 2 years, so as far as planning and organising film shoots I've done a lot of that (Especially having recently got my full cast together) I've also done a few smaller film shoots, but PM me if you want to talk things through with me. I did contemplate making a vlog-esque webseries about pre-production on small projects, and then follow my production as it begins. I really should do it!

The 25 minutes is a long time, and we've contemplated shortening each episode but making more, in the end we made the decision to keep the episodes at the longer length, though if it proves to be too much then we'll just have to cut future ones down! (Not to mention the 25 minutes is a read-through time, after cutting they'll probably be a bit shorter anyway). But we're making it because we all love the concept, and our priority is making a quality web series (Seeing as a majority of the cast and crew are going down the media route as full time occupations), so as long as the people who watch the whole thing appreciate it then I'll consider it a success!

I'll certainly consider it! If you like it there's always room for collaboration too if you wanted to!

Always happy and willing to collaborate on a project like this. My last couple of collaborations on here have been with very talented people around 8 and 13 time zones away from the UK, so a collaboration with someone quite so nearby would be a novel experience for me :)

PM me some more details whenever you fancy (assuming that was a serious offer!)

Always happy and willing to collaborate on a project like this. My last couple of collaborations on here have been with very talented people around 8 and 13 time zones away from the UK, so a collaboration with someone quite so nearby would be a novel experience for me :)

PM me some more details whenever you fancy (assuming that was a serious offer!)

The first script has been tweaked a bit more recently so when I get the updated script from my writer I'll PM you and if you're interested we can take it from there!

Back