[May 15] What are you working on this week?

i'm laying some ground work to launch a weekly youtube channel in july
just a trial run for 8 weeks to see if it clicks $$$

I am working on re-shooting a few scenes from my first short. Also doing my best to implement notes on editing. Lastly, hopefully finding someone to score it!

Well after a tiresome move to my new house I am now back on track of Vlogging and filmmaking, I did help to shoot Gorrilaonabikes new short which is coming along nicely, but I have two shorts of my own which I want to shoot and will elevate my filmmaking experience!

however I am in a dilemma, the art of vlogging has made me realise that a massive youtube audience is potentially better than sending my short to festivals.. I want the whole world to see my films, perhaps il just host it online and look for festivals that accept online already films, I feel like online is the future but not sure if that is now for the state of short film success..

there are shows that get funded after finding a youtube audience.
If your content is capable of getting that audience then i say go for it!! its not easy though and marketing usually costs money

All sounding good. :) Although moving house is the worst.

I'm editing a corporate piece, helping with an exhibition launch and filming that, meeting with my sound artist for 'Fissure' (my short I filmed last year), shooting another music video on Saturday + day job.

I'm getting the composure needed to shoot this short film idea I have.

Meanwhile, still doing Everyday Improv and looking to expand into livestreaming it. Business-wise, I've been looking into different ways of making a living off of this, since Youtube ad revenue is unreliable (and gaining a MASSIVE audience is also unlikely) One of those ways is just booking our own live performances. We live in a college town, and I bet we could use their performance hall as a space for live shows.

And that's the sucky part hahah. Thankfully I've always been a fairly fast editor. What helps is being the one that's both the camera operator and editor so I'm already editing in my head as I shoot.

I tend to do that. I struggle to let go of the camera...

Back