Ugh. Vimeo HD issues. Any ideas?

This is weird. I've uploaded a bunch of 1280x720 H.264 clips to vimeo that convert to HD with no issues, but for whatever reason this Wickerman file only converts to SD. I've tried a few different files and finally exported directly from Premiere Pro (CS5.5) using the Vimeo HD setting. Still no luck. Any ideas? Here's the info on the one I just uploaded.

picture.php

Maybe someone is casting spells on it... :hmm:

Anyone have this happen before? Any thoughts? I'm probably overlooking something really simple.

* and here's the info on the FLY video I recently uploaded that converted to HD without issue... same settings...
picture.php

Last edited:
Strange, I have exactly the same info on my last one. When viewing in Vimeo, right click the screen and see if there is an option to turn HD on/off. This will tell us something.

Hee hee. :rolleyes: Ok, I did some digging in their FAQ section. Had no idea. Mystery solved. :)

My HD video did not convert to an HD version on Vimeo, what should I do?
Vimeo allows Basic members to upload one HD video per week, so if you upload two HD videos within the same week, only the first will show in HD, the other will appear in SD.

If an unusual amount of time has passed, and the HD version is still not up, make sure you are using our recommended compression settings and try again. Please be advised that in order to receive the HD treatment, your HD video needs to have an aspect ratio of 4:3 or greater and be at least 1280 pixels wide (the only exception is that a 4:3 video with a resolution of 960x720 pixels will also be encoded to HD).

Maybe it's time to upgrade to a pro account.

* So I guess my next question would be, will I have to re-upload the new video next week or will it automatically convert to HD? Maybe I'll just take it down and upload it later.

Last edited:
* So I guess my next question would be, will I have to re-upload the new video next week or will it automatically convert to HD? Maybe I'll just take it down and upload it later.

You will have to re-upload, but just go into SETTINGS on the video you have, and select VIDEO FILE and you can re-upload without losing the hits or URL you already established.

Back