Got my Straight8 film back: F--- FACEBOOK!

Straight8 has been very frustrating for me. Loooooong waiting being the culprit.

Anyway, we shot a one take (using take 3, if you get my meaning) Straight8 back in March or April (it's been so long, I cannot even remember) and it didn't make the cut. Last week I learned why. For some reason, the sound was faster than the transferred video. Odd, since my other Straight8 entry, TRAPPED (which I shot in February), was a-Okay and screened in London July 26. Go figure.

So while I do not have the actual Super8 film roll back as of yet (Straight8 claims it was mailed on August 25), I do have the PAL transfer, which I stuck in Premiere Pro. Lining up the audio, it really is a fun little flick and it has it's premiere at the Crown Heights Film Festival in Brooklyn, NY next month.

I made a little trailer for it.

http://youtu.be/06i2SnTJ_cY

I have tried to embed this video here, but cannot figure out how. So frustrating! I can never do it. Feel so stupid.

Super8 is amazing, but expensive. Should you shoot just one to three rolls of film the costs associated with transferring are simply ludicrously high. You really do need to wait until you have half a dozen rolls of film (or more) before sending them out for a transfer, otherwise you hit with setup costs that boggle the mind.

Fingers crossed I receive TRAPPED soon, as the film roll for it, and F--- FACEBOOK are included.

I wish I could post the actual film, but most festivals disqualify entries that are available online. :(

Thanks for embedding. Just wish I knew how to do it myself!

Back