Aspiring Filmmaker

Hi there, IndieFilmers, my name is Matt. I'm currently in high school down in Georgia. My dream in life is to make movies, perhaps be in them or simply direct them. I'm also very talented (as said by older audiences) in writing. Not sure about being a film writer (because I lack original ideas), but I know that my life is based around movies. I hope I'm not too young for the board (is sixteen an appropriate age?)
I'm a blithe person, so I won't get mad at people for anything, so don't worry about me ranting and things coarse like that :)

Welcome Spunks!

Naw, you're not too young to talk movie-making. We have a, quite-talented, 13 year old, named Digital Roots on board as well as other youngsters. Just remember to stay off the lawns of we over 30 crowd, especially Cracker Funk...he'll cut a brother.

I'm a blithe person, so I won't get mad at people for anything, so don't worry about me ranting and things coarse like that :)

You should know that I am the designated ranter around here, especially when it comes to meaningless pointless digressions, and I do not appreciate anybody trying to step into my territory. So watch it, bub.

Welcome! I wish I had been making movies at your age. My favorite book that I feel compelled to recommend to every first-timer:

http://www.amazon.com/Bare-Bones-Camera-Course-Video/dp/0960371818

It's cheap, an easy read, and very informative.

P.S. I do not buy, not for one moment, this silly claim that you don't have any original ideas.

P.P.S. Listen to bird :lol:

You should know that I am the designated ranter around here, especially when it comes to meaningless pointless digressions, and I do not appreciate anybody trying to step into my territory. So watch it, bub.

Welcome! I wish I had been making movies at your age. My favorite book that I feel compelled to recommend to every first-timer:

http://www.amazon.com/Bare-Bones-Camera-Course-Video/dp/0960371818

It's cheap, an easy read, and very informative.

P.S. I do not buy, not for one moment, this silly claim that you don't have any original ideas.

P.P.S. Listen to bird :lol:

Ah! I see I have acquainted myself to a ranter! Oh well, more the fun!
I can send you a story I wrote for my literature teacher that I had written in a limited page-span and time limit. It starts off great in my opinion, and just dies really fast.
Lol, I'm not too great. Just introduction I kick some booty.

Ah! I see I have acquainted myself to a ranter! Oh well, more the fun!
I can send you a story I wrote for my literature teacher that I had written in a limited page-span and time limit. It starts off great in my opinion, and just dies really fast.
Lol, I'm not too great. Just introduction I kick some booty.

You should submit your work to the screenwriting thread. Be prepared to have it torn to shreds by a vicious pack of wolves. But in between the predators are a random sampling of some really creative and knowledgeable writers who want nothing more than to help you out.

Upon the advice of CF, may i add, the welcoming and embrace of critique is a "Home run" around these parts. So when the wolves sink their teeth, appreciate you're under the best damn medical care you can get without rubbing a lamp.

Upon the advice of CF, may i add, the welcoming and embrace of critique is a "Home run" around these parts. So when the wolves sink their teeth, appreciate you're under the best damn medical care you can get without rubbing a lamp.

Ah, I like to make things just for the audience. I want to hear their thoughts. So, I will try my hardest to learn from the critiques and improve on them! :D

Thank you all for welcoming me.

Now that you've met the ranter, I will introduce myself.

I'm the mean old man.

And as such I must comment in my usual fashion:

You say it's your dream in life to make movies. When I
was in high school I didn't dream about making movies
I made them. Which, of course, makes me wonder why
you are still dreaming about "simply" directing movies.
Don't be that guy who dreams and talks about it. Be
that guy who does it.

What's keeping you from making that dream come true?

Welcome Grasshopper!

I'm one of the audio guys here.

Keep in mind that the search function is your friend. Everyone here is always very glad to help you out, but a lot of the "basics" questions have been asked and answered many times.

And always remember:

"Sound is half of the experience"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Old man, how is it that you hear these things?"

"Young man, how is it that you do not?"

Now that you've met the ranter, I will introduce myself.

I'm the mean old man.

And as such I must comment in my usual fashion:

You say it's your dream in life to make movies. When I
was in high school I didn't dream about making movies
I made them. Which, of course, makes me wonder why
you are still dreaming about "simply" directing movies.
Don't be that guy who dreams and talks about it. Be
that guy who does it.

What's keeping you from making that dream come true?

Ah, you nailed me there.
I need a new video camera (my video camera messes up), I need a script (which I will begin an amateur script soon), and I need the people to portray the characters in the films.

Though, I'm just complaining. I will set goals up, and continue my process of filmmaking.

Welcome ...

make Georgia your personal film backlot.

Find a story worth telling ... and tell it through film.

Try and fail, try and succeed - they are not that different, and in some cases just a matter of opinion.

cheers

Back