Cinema Products CP-16R

Just to help keep this section alive here are pictures of my recent acquisition. A Cinema Products model CP-16R camera with a 10mm to 150mm Angenieux zoom lens.

CP16R-1.jpg

CP16R-2.jpg

CP16R-3.jpg

a cp 16, i shot on one of those a few years ago, pretty sweet, i think they used to use them for extreme journalism,
tuff and pretty quiet to arnt they? i think i did roll half a can through it though because i didnt understand the on and off button on both sides. dangerous. good camera. how much did you pay for it?

Yes, very quiet. I paid $1,200 for the entire outfit with two magazines, battery and charger. On eBay I found an extra set of internal filter holders and a remote cable.

for sale: CP-16R + Angenieux F.12-120 mm; 1:2.2 +ARRI tripod

Hi there-
Does anyone have a CP-16 for sale? I am looking all over for one. I am willing to pay around $1500 maximum...
Thanks,
Callum

Hi there,
well it happened that can offer you a full Camera set up used by the SFB TV news-man in Berlin/Germany where the lot is located right now. the equipment is in well cared order and complete.

for sale is a CP-16R Reflex Film- sync-sound camera with Angenieux Paris F. 12-120 mm; 1:2.2 Zoom lens Type 10x12b, a wooden ARRI tripod with 120mm head (very clean), absolute every thing you will need comes in two alli boxes, filter, UHER-tape recorder, cable, two mags, two batteries + charger, manual and a lot more.
the asked price is around 1500-Euro
pictures can be mailed !

please send me a mail to:
L R 1 0 1 F C "at" y a h o o "dot" c o "dot" u k

the whole gear can be send any where you want, but the weight is may a bit heavy, so personal pick-up option may better in Berlin city.

Ok, this might sound a little stupid but when you get a tin of 400ft vision 2 for example, what does it come on?

I have only used standard 8mm so far which comes with a daylight loading spool but I understand 16mm does not. Does it just come on a core?

How would I put the 400ft of film onto a daylight loading spool? (Obviously it must be done in the dark)

I have not received my CP16 outfit yet but I am trying to prepare myself for it.

You can use 16mm film cranks to wind a 400 ft. roll onto two 200 ft. or four 100 ft. daylight spools. But why?

Well I was thinking if I end up getting a CP16 package with only 1 mag then it might be better to carry a canned 400ft on a daylight spool rather than having to use a changing bag on a shoot.

But I think the one I am getting comes with 2 mags.

Does 16mm film come on a core out of the tin?

Yes. You can still buy film on daylight spools, I just don't know if that's with all the stocks, check Kodak and Fuji.

Thanks for that, and would $600 + around $130 P+P to the UK be a good price for a CP16A in this condition?

There are no cosmetic scratches, comes with 2 healthy batteries, 2 original mags and has been serviced by whitehouse visual.

At the moment, I do not have enough for a good condition reflex model. This camera is quiet, smooth and has probably had the shutter sorted but sadly is not a reflex.

Back