1080p 60fps?

Is there a DSLR that can currently do full res at 60fps or 50fps ?

in particular i was thinking the 5d mk3 but with the magic lantern hack obvs, but i havent used it or know much about it?

nikon d5300... it is probably the only one on the market.
...the d5200 is capable of 60fps too, but it is interlaced...
..well progressive is more on the money than interlaced, but i thought i might throw that in there.

edit: and yes both @1080p

Last edited:
My $2k (USD) Canon 6D maxs out at 30fps full res (1080p).

My $450 GoPro Hero 3+ Black can do 60fps at 1080p. It has protune too. Go figure... :weird:

Smaller chip, less pixels, faster to read out, draws less power, doesn't get as hot, etc. But definitely a very cool camera, just got the 3+ and been having a lot of fun with it - the wifi integration is a huge step up and should be standard on all cameras.

Here's my partial list. It's not comprehensive and I've left out LCD-only (no viewfinder) cameras and anything with a sensor smaller than 1". I've also excluded the RX100 and a few other fixed lens cameras:

DSLR: Nikon D5300

DSLT: Sony A57, A65, A77, A99 (not the A55 or the A58)

DSLM: Sony A7/A7r; Panasonic G6, GH3, GX7; upcoming Samsung NX30

Fixed lens, 1" sensor: Sony RX10

Canon offers no DSLRs or mirrorless cameras and very few camcorders and P&S cameras that record at 1080/60p.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

Last edited:
Here's my partial list. It's not comprehensive and I've left out LCD-only (no viewfinder) cameras and anything with a sensor smaller than 1". I've also excluded the RX100 and a few other fixed lens cameras:

DSLR: Nikon D5300

DSLT: Sony A57, A65, A77, A99 (not the A55 or the A58)

DSLM: Sony A7/A7r; Panasonic G6, GH3, GX7; upcoming Samsung NX30

Fixed lens, 1" sensor: Sony RX10

Canon offers no DSLRs or mirrorless cameras and very few camcorders and P&S cameras that record at 1080/60p.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

the 1dc does ... :) just a tad bit expensive though...

Back