• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Color Grading lookbook

Hi guys !

I'm looking for a color grading lookbook, does any of you know any page that has different color grading photos of films and tv shows. I want to see which tone matches the film I want to create.

Thanks

Hi guys !

I'm looking for a color grading lookbook, does any of you know any page that has different color grading photos of films and tv shows. I want to see which tone matches the film I want to create.

Thanks

I know there's a site that has a database for cameras and equipment used on films called "Shot On What." And I know there's a website about sound design for films called "Sound On Sound." As for color-grading, that's a bit trickier, and might require you to just do some research.

Did you not have a few films in mind that helped you design the basis for your current project? If so, then you start there, and just see if one of the many screen-shot websites has it available in their collection. Screen-shot collections for films usually have a different screen shot for every few seconds of footage. So 2 hours films can have thousands of pictures. And sometimes they can be hard to sift through, depending on how the website is coded and how the images are thumb-nailed on the main gallery page.

What sort of genre is your film, how light or dark is the atmosphere, and what general color tint might you be looking for for your particular grade? I might be able to give you a few suggestions to start from.

Back