PA ?s

I want to get started in the Film Industry and am looking for a PA job. In my city there is really only one company North by NorthWest.
http://www.nxnw.net/

I have same question:

1. Do I just go get an application, or call them first?
2. What question might they ask?
3.Is it that hard to get to be a PA?
4. What might I expect from being a PA?

Any advise would be great.

I'm fairly new to this whole thing too but I think I can help a little. You may not get a "job" right away if you mean being paid for your services. Your best bet is to probably work for free on some indie films and build up your resume. Search around for local filmmakers, call or email them and offer your time. This will do alot of things for you including giving you a lesson about the film industry. I know it's hard to work for free but if your learning I guess you are getting paid in knowledge. I'm about to work 7 days a week for 3 weeks, I'm talking 8-12 hour days, not even including my real job. I am giving up all social life and free time for these weeks to learn and help out. I believe if you do this your hard work will pay off. Just my opinion.

Plug your site any time, Scott. After reading yoru low-budget lighting article, I'm always happy to hear about something else from you that I haven't read.

Good luck, MPW. Sorry, I have no advice, having never been a PA.

Cheers,

Josh

WideShot:
Thanks a lot I would love to be involved in that. If you could use me I would absolutely do it.

Where are you going to film it ?

Last edited:
Back