• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My Les Miz/Star Wars Mashup

I am new to this community but have enjoyed reading and watching.

I have a video production company doing all of the regular stuff...commercials, cop orate work, etc. But when I get a free weekend, this is the type of stuff I like to do. I split time between producing stage productions and doing film stuff. In this short, I got to do both. The fun stuff starts around the :45 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MQJukaE5Rk

Thanks for watching!

Love it! Any behind the scenes videos for that? I'd love to see how something like that was assembled.

Love it! Any behind the scenes videos for that? I'd love to see how something like that was assembled.

I wish there was, but we shot it it light. It was a one day shoot. A few days before we shot, I brought Tyler and Noah into my recording studio and captured their vocals. That night, we did the fight "choreography." I put quotes around it because I had no idea what I was doing and want to be trained in filming fighting. We met at the theatre at 9AM, rehearsed for a bit, set up the lights, and got after it. We broke the song in to four parts and then blasted the track and made them sing out loud while we shot multiple takes of each of the four sequences. At the end, we did a few specials (like the Vader-boots-on-Kenobi) and wrapped at about 3.

For editing, I pieced it together in a couple hours and then split the rotoscoping duties between me and a buddy. He did the red, I did the blue and we exported layers of just the scope-work. Had to alternate which one was on top throughout the shoot as the blades did in real life.

For the Force Ghost, that was a pain in the butt. Another rotoscope job. dropped it in and made it transparent over a locked down shot of Jean Valjean. Total project took about two weeks, just working on it at night. Side note, the Javert character, Noah, is my son!

So they're their own vocals? Impressive! I love that scene in the musical, and they seem to be copying my favourite version of the scene (where they both shout "Javert!" when it's said simultaneously in the counterpoint). And your son did a better job than Russell Crowe...

I love the glow of the sabre on Javert's face the first time it emerges. How does something like that come about? Bear in mind I'm a total amateur...

Thanks a lot for posting this, it's really made my day. I'll spend the rest of my day singing now :D

How does something like that come about? Bear in mind I'm a total amateur...

Thanks a lot for posting this, it's really made my day. I'll spend the rest of my day singing now :D

Had a dude with a red filter and a little kick light wiping across his face from right beside the camera. I liked that part. Came out better than it looked when we were in the theatre.

Back