Films that went horribly wrong

I've always wondered why Best Stunt Coordination kept getting rejected from the Oscars. People put their life on the line and there are so many awesome fight coordinations that should be acknowledged.

And they deserve to get paid more for risking their life. Maybe they should set up a deal where they participate in the profits if it's a film that needs a lot of stuntwork.
Same goes for special FX companies. Hollywood makes them outbid each other & then makes them work overtime because they think it's so easy to make changes in the computer. By the time they finish, the special FX companies have lost money & have to close.
Things won't change until they organize & demand it like SAG & the Writers Union.

I would hope that they get paid more money if they're doing a more dangerous stunt.
Really simple safe stuff should be made affordable to all films.

Is that not how it happens in the industry?

Stunts are often paid by the gag just as you hope; the more dangerous
or difficult, the higher the fee. Stunt performers make SAG-AFTRA
minimum which is currently $933/day.

Each production is allowed to set their gag rate and is then agreed upon
by the performer. They can ask for more.

Deadpool 2 fatality name was released, Joi Harris
This was her very first film as a stunt performer, and apparently she lost control of her motorcycle after doing the stunt 5+ times.

deadpool-2-stunt-joi-harris-fatal-accident-1015270.jpg

Deadpool 2 Details...

She missed her mark and instead of stopping went down a second ramp.
People had to jump out of the way.

Then she hit the curb in this photo and either rolled or flew into the glass window, shards of glass inflicting mortal wounds.

deadpool-hero-h_2017.jpg

The first stunt woman was fired because she couldn't handle the stunt.
This forced them to look outside of the normal stunt community for a woman that looked similar to domino.

They trained her but she wasn't ready and the producers didn't want to pay for delays. So the producers put pressure on the stunt coordinators.

Conrad Palmisano said:
...a position she wasn’t qualified to be in.... The stunt coordinators caved to the pressure.

Fresh out of stunt school. That says it all.

:huh: what stunt school did she go to?

I'm not sure which stunt school she went to but this was her first gig. I'm not saying that she was a novice but merely accidents do happen. Even to professionals with years of experience. That's life.

So the 1st stuntwoman couldn't handle the stunt & the 2nd had to do it 5+ times.
After that many tries with 2 people shouldn't the stunt coordinator have said this isn't working & let's try to do it a different way?

No, she did the stunt 5 times perfectly, more than likely with protective gear. When she was filming in the suit, it happened. It just takes one mistake to make a situation a catastrophe. Coincidence?

Well, accidents do happen.

I'm sure his family will appreciate you think this is an accident that he was filled with bullet holes in his car in the murder capital of Mexico.

Back