Help needed good rewards

Based on his website and the linked in page, seems to me that he is just a high school kid who doesn't know how banking and crowdfunding work.

You aren't going to get a 25 million dollar business loan without a multimillion dollar collateral.

You aren't going to make 8K dollars on Kick Starter without a sizable fan base (of maybe 10k people). (Or rich relatives, in which case you can skip the crowd funding and just ask them directly.)

smh...I'm not a scam but wheatgrinder seems determined to think that lol.

Disregard this offer for now BUT do remember the name "Dashawn Thomas" in the very near future

OH and i graduated high school already ....smh.
No more opinions and just watch...there is no offer anymore.

Last edited:
I have decided to crowdfund via kickstarter $8,000 which would fix all of my problems and get me the documents i need.
Grab a notebook and a pen, set aside a few hours, and read this thread:
http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=39742
Take active notes.

Crowdfunding will A) be its own problem, and B) only the NEXT problem in an incessant string of filmmaking prepro, pro, and post production problems.

Welcome to filmmaking! :)

Yet two of us don't think that. Three. Man up. Concur.

You give up to easily. Concur.
Filmmaking is a difficult biz.

Last edited:
concur.jpg

:lol:

Four. I don't think it's a scam (though it did come across that way initially). But it is dripping with naiveté, grandiose dreams and such.

Filmmaking is difficult, concur. Filmmaking is nothing if not a series of problem solving exercises, some big some small. To make it work you need to not only prove the naysayers wrong, but stick around and power through despite negative feedback.

:lol:

Filmmaking is nothing if not a series of problem solving exercises, some big some small. To make it work you need to not only prove the naysayers wrong, but stick around and power through despite negative feedback.
Just GET SOMETHING DONE!

And even then... truthfully... stem-to-stern production is the fun part.
Now that the film is done you gotta market and promote it, which is a fantabulous PITA.

:yes:

Last edited:
smh...I'm not a scam but wheatgrinder seems determined to think that lol.

Disregard this offer for now BUT do remember the name "Dashawn Thomas" in the very near future

OH and i graduated high school already ....smh.
No more opinions and just watch...there is no offer anymore.

If its not a scam, why withdraw the offer? I'm just one guy on this board, everyone else is buying the story, so why not run with it? Also, if you are a filmmaker, you really need what this board has to offer in abundance. Education and help are easily attained here, so ask me any legit questions and Ill help anyway I can.

(This is supposing that you're ingenuous and not a scammer.)

:) Well, at least he has dreams. Go on, kid (not meant in a patronizing way), make those dreams come true. Prove them wrong. Avoid delusional thinking like the plague. Usually, don't ask people for their Amazon accounts, or whatever. Commit to being a straight arrow, not that you're not already. Be worthy of people's trust and loyalty, not that you aren't already. Think nuts and bolts --whatever, within reason, makes it happen for you, and your friends.

Who are those people listed on the NHE page? Maybe they're great people. I wouldn't know, one way or the other. But I do worry that you've drunk the cool-aid. In any case, you can't go wrong by listening to Directorik, IDOM, Wheatgrinder, et al, to learn how to really get started on a film career.

Back