Indie Documentary want Film Makers

Hello indietalk,

Are you a film-maker shooting a horror film this year?

I am working on the pre-production of a documentary looking into independent film and budgeting in the UK, predominantly focusing on the horror genre. We are looking for young vibrant filmmakers who are attempting to shoot a film this summer with or without the aid of a budget. It is our aim to speak to confident directors/producers/writers and follow the process of film making through production to completion and onto to film festival submissions and/or premiere whilst exploring independent financing.

We’re hoping to discover exciting new talent and their relationship with the horror genre. We really want to find out what people get out of making low budget films.

If you think this is something you'd be interested in being part of please contact us with details of your production here: Knight8mm@gmail.com

Many thanks.

I'm going to be in the UK from June to mid-September. Where in the UK are you based?

A good portion of what I've done is horror. People don't know, but you are still connecting greatly with an audience when you make a good horror film. When do you guys plan to film the documentary? If your shooting schedule doesn't match with when I'm there, I can ask a few UK directors I've worked with to submit their details to your email.

Hello there.

I was hoping to get a project off the ground this year which would involve writing a blog describing the film making process through from start to finish. I was working (and still am to some degree) with an American producer who has 2 films shooting this summer. Unfortunately plans are going slightly awry as he is unable to drip-feed me with sufficient information to make the blog worthwhile. If your project gets off the ground would you consider a collaboration? Naturally there would be no fee involved. I would be doing the work as part of an effort to ward off the dreaded threats of boredom now that I am retired. Let me know your thoughts.

Hache L. Jones

Back