Ghost Busters in Theaters again

Ghost Busters will be back in the theaters in October. Looks like it is a limited showing so don't miss it.

"Last week we told you that the original "Ghostbusters" would be coming back to theaters next month just in time for Halloween, but unfortunately didn't have many details beyond that. Now, we can finally tell you when the re-release will hit theaters so you can start getting your proton pack replicas ready for the big night.

Actually, make that three big nights, as around 500 theaters across the country will show a single screening of "Ghostbusters" on Thursday, October 13 and each of the following Thursdays in October. Since it's only the single show each night, you might want to think about getting tickets early, so you're not stuck seeing "Sarah Palin: You Betcha!" in an empty theater, though honestly, it's probably at least twice as scary as "Ghostbusters," so, you know, take your pick.

While it's not the "Ghostbusters 3" or Dan Aykroyd alien abduction news we're all hungry for, this is still a great opportunity to see a classic movie in theaters. Not only will it be a first for the many fans that came to the franchise via VHS, DVD or seemingly endless basic cable airings, but "Ghostbusters" is somewhat of a rarity in that the humor all still holds up more than a quarter of a century after its initial release.

There's currently no news on which theaters will actually be playing the limited rerelease, but you can follow Ghostbusters on Facebook, Twitter or even visit Ghostbusters.com to keep up-to-date with the most recent developments."- http://www.ifc.com/news/2011/09/ghostbusters-rerelease-halloween-2011.php

I wasn't even a gamete when this movie came out, so I'm not going to miss this. Thanks for the heads up.

I saw a screening of it in Hollywood on Thursday night (Oct 20) . 900 seat theater - packed!

It was great. People applauding when each character appeared
for the first time and even shouting out some of the best lines.
"Back off man. I'm a scientist.", "Get her!","This man has no dick."

Sounds great. I can't wait to see it in the theater.

Now if they would re release Indiana Jones Radiers or Back To the Future to the Theater that would be sweet. Maybe Leathal Weapon or Die Hard would be cool as hell to see in Theaters again. Or T2.

Now if they would re release Indiana Jones Radiers or Back To the Future to the Theater that would be sweet. Maybe Leathal Weapon or Die Hard would be cool as hell to see in Theaters again. Or T2.

Don't mean to steer off-topic here (so apologies to the mods...oh...wait)

But do you have a Movie Tavern near you? This chain is showing retro-classics several times a week, every week. Here is a link to check it out. http://movietavern.com/retro-cinema/

This is what I love about living in Los Angeles. We have several
theaters that show old films on the big screen. Just this summer
at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood they did a triple feature of
the first three Indiana Jones films and the Back to the Future films.

Every Monday the Arclight in Hollywood shows great films on the big
screen. I finally got to see the 4 hour directors cut of Sergio Leone's
last film a few months ago.

Back