List of Festivals where film can be already online

Hi...Currently in Post-Production and wanting to release my Short Film on youtube once its complete, but still want to enter it in Festivals...Is there a list anywere of films where having your film online already is an issue....as I know many will disqualify a film otherwise...
thanks

Why do you want it online?

film is about Mental Health Awareness (mainly Suicide and Self-harm), where the overall film is about hope, and when credits roll, we have information regarding Charities local and non-local etc to contact if anyone is suffering any Mental Health issues....Feel, it will benefit from being released as quick as possible, as were I live, Sucidie rates are the highest in UK and Ireland, and are a massive issue....but also want to submit into festivals, as feel the film will benefit from both a wider audience, but gain more publicity / credit

How about making a trailer with that info at the end and putting that online with an extra bit of text saying "now playing in theaters" or something like that? The best of both worlds.

How about this? Enter festivals first. That way your film isn't disqualified.
Then after it's been in a few festivals post it on line. Sure, you don't get
to benefit people as quickly as possible, but you still get to benefit people.
You can gain more publicity / credit in bigger festivals and then offer the
film on line.

I love Indy's idea of putting the important info in your trailer. It does seem
like the best of both options.

How about making a trailer with that info at the end and putting that online with an extra bit of text saying "now playing in theaters" or something like that? The best of both worlds.

yes, get what you mean....spoke with Editor, so we'll put a trailer together next week, with coming soon or something, then make a FB page to gather interest etc...We are planning on having a fundraiser night at beginning of August, so we could use to show film, possibly invite several local papers to the event..then not release it online until after final festival...sounds a plan

How about this? Enter festivals first. That way your film isn't disqualified.
Then after it's been in a few festivals post it on line. Sure, you don't get
to benefit people as quickly as possible, but you still get to benefit people.
You can gain more publicity / credit in bigger festivals and then offer the
film on line.

I love Indy's idea of putting the important info in your trailer. It does seem
like the best of both options.

yes, like the idea....think we'll just wait it out with festivals...yeah your right, better exposure with film being in a festival than just releasing it online..thanks

Back