• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Mrs Dalloway! Need feedback!

Unfortunatly I don't speak the language so I can't understand it.. but from a visual point of view I think you definatly need to get a tripod.

was an interesting little piece... i would agree with smith that you need to get a tripod. handheld shots are nice... but they need to be for a purpose. perhaps a mixture of both handheld and still shots might work. i couldn't understand it either... but one thing i would say is that film is a very visual medium... and the storytelling needs to be visual as well as spoken... i really couldn't tell what the film was about at all from seeing it... almost seemed to be random shots from some guys with a camcorder just having fun... rather than some sort of story. i'd say most films, even if you don't know the language, you should be able to get some sense of what is going on (there are exceptions, but still...)...

so i'd work on composing your shots better (including getting a tripod), have a reason why you shoot certain things a certain way, ... and i'd work on getting the story told visually as well. try making a film with no dialogue, but which has a story, and see how well you can tell that story.

just my thoughts.
good luck :)

Thanks! Bumping....
clear.gif

Back