• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Beautifully Glamorous Boudoir Film

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't been very active on here recently, I had a little late 20's crisis and got myself together which led me on to a new project.

I was fed up with working in corporate film and alongside this I started getting into studio photography, to cut a long story short a lot of elements came together and out of it www.beautifullyglamorous.com was born.

The idea for the website and brand was to have a series of videos/short films that show off beauty in a sensual, alluring and classy way.

Last night we launched our first video

https://vimeo.com/74058890

It's by no means perfect and was shot on no budget with a Canon 600D a couple of small LED lights and a 50mm lens.

Would love to get your feedback, both good and bad about the concept for the videos and site and also any technical stuff video wise.

Cheers

Mark

I think they were all left speechless by the, y'know, nekkid laydeee ;)
She wasn't nekkid atoll.

• First, Miss B is gorgeous. No issues there. Great beginning.
  • Next, the camera work is largely fine, unremarkable use of slider, framing, movement, and lighting. Good. Expected. Nothing I'd refer to to guide others on "how to do it!"
  • Third, I dunno what the market is for this, so I really don't know what the purpose is. Who pays for this? The model(s)? Third party?
  • Last is a personal preference, I loathe morose models. Am I supposed to come waggle my dangle to brighten up her window-side writhing in her finest boudoirdery? What is it I'm supposed to want from a broken person? I don't get it, but the important part is "Do YOU know what the end user wants?"

Hi Rayw,

Thank you for the feedback I really appreciate it.

Firstly no slider was used for the shoot ;)

A bit of background about the video, may give you a slightly better understanding of it aim etc... After getting into photography at the start of the year and working with models I felt with some models I worked with, they felt they had to pose to a certain level in order to get recognised, if you know what I mean?

This led me onto a train of thought and some market research, I decided to set up a site/brand that would produce a series of videos and image sets that lie right in between "Lads Mags i.e. Nuts Magazine, Zoo Magazine" and free more explicit online content. I want to be able to show something or someone can be sexy/gorgeous and beautiful without baring all and leaving a bit up to the imagination is always good.

The end user who is someone who wants to invest a bit more of their time in something rather than having a quick fix.

As to the video above, we had the model for 4 hours, 2 hours of which I was shooting, I knew a couple of key shots I wanted but everything else was done on the fly.

The end result of the video is to be sensual, alluring and leave the viewer wanting that bit more. Its essentially a teaser for the website.

The feedback from the general public has been brilliant so far, the most pleasing aspect is women have actually enjoyed the video!

Hope that makes a bit more sense.

I know technically the video isn't perfect but I don't feel in my mind its a good start.

We shoot our next one on Tuesday in an old windmill :)

Nice work, AF.

So it sounds like this is a business venture for you. I don't know why it can't work. In fact, I don't know why that's not the future of the girly magazine, that is, moving pictures. I suppose it's also the present. I suppose if I surfed over to Playboy.com, I'd find exactly that. I don't know why you can't have a piece of that pie too. Or at least give it a try.

This also reminds of boudoir photography, which you're probably familiar with. You know, the kind that's actually aimed at women. Women who want to be photographed in a sensual way, that makes them look good, or their best, for their boyfriend's, husband's, or their own consumption, and most importantly to make them feel good about themselves. I don't know, but maybe the photographers who do that are usually female themselves because that's the kind of photographer that a woman is going to feel more comfortable with. Anyway, there's a still photo market for that sort of thing. Why not video? In that case, it would no doubt be more about trying on mulitiple outfits, making her look good to her own eye, etc. Could be a fun little business too, though maybe your heart wouldn't be in it.

Last edited:
Back