Why is Nick Cage such a bad actor?

Because he's not a bad actor and because people like him. He's made some clunkers, I suppose, and he's done his share of hamming it up, I suppose. But, was he wrong to ham it up in those roles? Wasn't hamming it up probably called for in those roles? Anyway, you can't see his performances in films like Leaving Las Vegas or Adaptation and reasonably declare him a bad actor.

But, was he wrong to ham it up in those roles? Wasn't hamming it up probably called for in those roles?

The remake of The Wicker Man : 'nuff said. :lol:

While he's had some terrible films (as has every actor I can think of), he's also had much many more great films. I like Nicolas Cage. :cool:

More importantly, even terrible films usually have some kind of entertainment value to them. Except Apollo 18, which simply had no excuse. But at least that wasn't Nick Cage's fault. :)

Last edited:
he's probably my favorite non-comedian actor.

Probably just cuz he's really good and makes a lot of good movies.

I hope that answers your question, DJFJEKETE

not everyone likes every actor, thats the answer to your question.

personally i like him, he has this laid back attitude and fits in, he can play different roles which is good, i particulalry like him when he does his wide open brows and eyes look, its scary to happen to you but fun to watch..

i liked snake eyes too...

Face-Off is easily one of the best action movies ever. Mostly because of the superb acting and story

Just for the record:
Face Off
Con Air
8MM
Adaptation(!)
Lord of War
Leaving Las Vegas

This are 6 reasons why he is not a bad actor. His only problem is, that he needs money and he NOW takes every role he can get.

We should also add Bringing Out The Dead to that list.

I'm not sure that he takes bad roles because he needs the paycheck. I think he just has a love for bad movies and/or a weird sense of humor. If I recall, he pushed to get Ghost Rider made, and were it not for his over-the-top acting, the movie would have had almost no entertainment value. And the Wicker Man remake...well, that was so insanely bad that crazy-cage was perfect for it!

As an aside, Vampire's Kiss is one of my favorites. It's so beyond weird!

What was wrong with Ghost Rider 1?

I know what was wrong with 2, but who would've known it would turn out bad?

As everyone has said he just plays a lot of bad roles. He is actually a really good actor but has no problem playing a stupid role for the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8

Brilliant!

When I think of Cage movies that I've liked, I always think of Moonstruck, as well. And many others. Jeesss, this guy has been in a whole lot of films! By the way, The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans is pretty entertaining too.

Steve, because of you I'll probably never see Apollo 13. On the other hand, because of you I'm also drawn to see it just because...

Josh, I know Vampire's Kiss is a good one. Haven't seen it for so long. I know it's one of your favorites. Gotta check it out again. Pretty sure it's on Netflix too. If I only I hadn't gotten myself hooked on Lost.

Nic Cage is on my short list of actors I dream of working with. I think he's great! He chooses some bad roles, from time to time.

Bad Lieutenant: New Orleans. His over-the-top performance is exactly what that movie needed, and is pretty much the only reason to watch.

Because he's good at playing characters juuuust slightly stupider than the audience consists of making him uncomfortably comfortable to watch as he deliveres vapid grin and stare after vapid grin and stare.

pic_blog_nick_cage.jpg

nicolas-cage.jpg

Directors and producers love him.

Last edited:
Back