• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Starscape timelapse test

I shot this on my Canon 600D/T3i HDSLR with the EF 50mm f/1.8 II prime lens. I shot with a 20 second exposure, with 25 second intervals using Magic Lantern on a 32gb SD card. Auto white balance, and ISO. I left the camera shooting for around 16 minutes.

What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GWELPPMJKE

Sure does, that1guy. It's listed as an Intervalometer in the manual.

Nice first shots, Bradder. You can make your sky timelapses look even more epic by catching some of the horizon in the foreground, and even maybe creatively lighting those. Colour is key. :cool:

Try shooting stars with a wide lens, shoot wide open and use 30 second exposures with an interval of maybe 35 - 40 seconds if your buffer handles that.

Don't shoot anything auto. Here's how I do my milkyways (will release video soon).

Canon 5D Mark II (Mark III is a lot better for this), Tokina 11 - 16mm at 16mm at F2.8. ISO 1600. Shutter speed: 30 seconds. Interval 40 seconds! Shoot RAW!

P

Back