announcement group by area

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Do you guys want to have public joinable groups that are arranged by area?

I could create hidden forums for each area, and you would see only the group forum you are a member of, ex: If you are from California, you would see a California forum (or West Coast forum, possibly shared by a few states to promote a little more activity) etc.

Each group would have a group moderator, that would moderate the forum, and would qualify the invites. The groups would be joinable from your control panel.

Is this something you would want?

If interested in modding your state or area, also post here for consideration.

That sounds like an interesting idea indie. I'm not sure how useful it would end up being though as there are so very few people who live in the same state.

I like the idea of a West Coast Forum etc. That might work better. The only real need for an area related forum would be announcements of events, gatherings, projects, and perhaps some regional oriented discussion. Most everything though is taken care of quite well in the general fora so I don't see any need to replicate theim in any manner.

Sounds good...

I like the idea alot but down here in southern New Mexico everyone I meet that's interested in filmmaking usually doesn't even have an internet connection... LOL.

I would love to meet others in my area or close to it though...

filmy

PS.
The forums would stay the same. The area forum would be an addition. Not sure if that was clear.

I'd like to do something with the Groups function.

Not sure about regional members' only though. I suppose it's something that I'd have to see implemented to see how it works. The concern I have would be if a certain region was "strong", there would be little reason to post on the main boards if it was likely to be answered in the local one. That would be detrimental to almost everyone.

Still, I'm just a chucklehead and there are probably good reasons for having local Groups... especially if it involves having beer, BBQ's and bikini-clad coeds at a monthly meeting or similar.

:yes:

Last edited:
if so, can i be the ohio moderator? and make my title say "Emperor of Ohio" or something similarly bad ass?

indietalk said:
Do you guys want to have public joinable groups that are arranged by area?

I could create hidden forums for each area, and you would see only the group forum you are a member of, ex: If you are from California, you would see a California forum (or West Coast forum, possibly shared by a few states to promote a little more activity) etc.

Each group would have a group moderator, that would moderate the forum, and would qualify the invites. The groups would be joinable from your control panel.

Is this something you would want?

If interested in modding your state or area, also post here for consideration.

Actually I think this is a need. Infact one website has gone down in the MidWest(IFVCHICAGO.COM) and everyone is left hanging. So I bought a domain name MWindie.com. I could just point that to a MW indie spot here? although I was thinking of doing all indies in the MW, including musicians....
'hmmm

anyway, I think regional group forums are great. but keeping them secret? I don't think that's a good idea. keep them all public... cause if I'm flying out to CA and someone needs crew while I'm there, then I can go... but would never hear about it if the forum is a secret :secret:

I can't wait for this to be implimented :woohoo:

OK I will can this idea. Not much interest.

I don't know why this idea would be canned. Seems like we all want a group function.
why not just have:
Groups:
|
|-> West
|
|-> Mid-West
|
|-> East

Or by metro areas.

I actually just bought MWindie.com and am working on setting up something for Indie Filmmakers and musicians in the MW. This is because IFVChicago.com went down and was used by us locals in the area. Now there's nothing for that geographical area. I think INDIETALK could and should grow, but that all depends on the mission and plan of the owner. Are groups in the plan? I have people that would be interested in another Chicagoland board. I'd love it to be IndieTalk.

CootDog said:
I don't know why this idea would be canned. Seems like we all want a group function.
CootDog:

Over 2000 members, and only 5 members replied. No interest.

Of those 5 a few said forums by region were not a good idea, and would take away from the main forums.

Back to the drawing board. :)

Well I know that in my area it's greatly needed. We lost a board that was being used. It just dissapeared one day!

So I bought MWindie.com for the MidWest Independant Filmmakers AND musicians.

I'm working on setting it up still but wanted to know if people would stop by and let me know what they think... Post in the FEEDBACK section please.

The URL to get to there is: Rule 3) Do not use the forums as an advertising tool to promote direct competitors of indietalk.com, Thanks for now.

IndieTalk,
I like the app you use for this board. I may impliment that one before I go live.

[EDIT by CootDog] Sorry Indie! I would never want to take away from this board. This is the best one around. I just wanted to let people know that there was a local one. Sorry about breaking Rule #3! :mope:

Last edited:
Back