update on missing actors

Just wanted to start another thread because I felt that last one got a bit too convoluted... though I really appreciate the helpful suggestions of several members here. There have been many similar situations like this made public, including the disappearance of David LaChappelle, who vanished from his Comedy Central series, appearantly without explaination.

One of the actors for my project has responded-- appearantly there was just a minor miscommunication and all is appearantly well now. So that leaves one actor unaccounted for... After no response to the letter from my attorney, and several unanswered emails to his agent, all I can say is that there is no reparation in site for that one...

To the posters who incinuated or said outrightly that the missing actor is my fault, again I point to the David LaChappelle situation; he disappeared reportedly with no warning, same as this actor in my film. No one here would probably accuse Comedy Central of listing their legitimate experiences with LaChappelle as their fault or as defamation, though there were several who accused me of this (I don't need to quote the posts). Some also blasted me for being too defensive for defending the legitimacy of my experiences with this situation... To them, all I can say is; Comedy Central made a public statement listing their last known interactions with him, exactly as I did. If my phrasing was distracting, I apologize.

Anyway, thanks and best wishes to those who offered suggestions and encouragement. I will continue to update this thread with further developments.

Okay, an update;

missing actor's agent emailed me back and said he is in a play right now and will not be available for the film (for an unspecified length of time).

Next month will be the 2 year anniversary of the last shoot this actor showed up for,, +90 minutes late. :rolleyes:

More updates to come ;)

okay, heard back from the actress saying that she is able to film this month.

the problem actor is still AWOL, 2 years later, and has been written out of the scenes with this actress.

more updates to follow anyway...

Last edited:
Okay, the actress has set this weekend to be the date for the shoot.

I bought her an airline ticket on Monday and have arranged the shoot (other casting, costumes, locations).

More updates to follow...

thanks to both of you.

spinner, yeah it has been suggested that I've been too calm about this whole process, and that another plan of action was in order. all I can say is that I believe all of the scenes with them are in the can. the actress was very apologetic about the situation, and told me that the other actor did not notify her of my emails (I contacted him to schedule both of them for the shoots). from what she said, I actually kindof feel sorry for that other actor,, it sounds like he is making some poor choices :huh: --- completely seperately from this project.

the shoot went well-- we had an entire floor of a very beautiful hospital-- very gracious of them. the other actors were excellent as well.

more to follow...

(EDIT; spelllling)

Last edited:
Back