Thoughts on the minimalist Approach to Website for independent film

Minimalist.......

1. The header needs to be clean. There are two graphics now and one looks stretched. Move the Red Black and Blonde title text underneath the menu to the header and delete the one thats there now.
  2. Ideally the header logo should match the one on the poster exactly or vice-versa.
  3. The menu text is too big.
  4. The vertical menu is redundant, remove it.
  5. Put the screenings, news and contact links in the horizontal menu.
  6. Remove the text over the social site icons.
  7. Change the twitter feeds background color to white.
  8. Remove the border around the illustration and make it slightly larger.
  9. Put the trailer above the illustration or below it and make it the same width.
  10. Remove the border around the content area, or add it to the header.

QFT.

Well said. Start here and repost. I know it's a lot of work, but I totally agree (my degree is in computer graphic design and illustration).

Cheers.

Thank you everyone for your ideas on how to better the website. I took a lot of the advice and did an overhaul on the site. I will continue adding more features and content throughout the year. Please take a look at it and let me know if it works better. Thanks.

www.redblackandblonde.com

Red, Black & Blonde premiere Oct 18th Alamo Drafthouse S. Lar

TO BUY TICKETS go to Drafthouse link below (82 seats available, get them while they last!!)

http://drafthouse.com/movies/the_red_black_and_blonde

Join us for the first theatrical screening in Austin Texas and see the ladies of The Red, Black & Blonde take on Texas. Kick back, drink some beer, eat some food, have some laughs and enjoy this Austin Texas independent film at the perfect place to start it off, The Alamo Drafthouse!!!

God $ave the Red Black and Blonde is the story about four Texas women from Austin who try to rob a convenience store located in West Texas. After a night of arguing and debauchery, will they be ready for their mission in the morning? Cruise in badass style with these badass Texas Women in their 1975 Impala and see where the Texas trail takes them.

The film stars Emmy Robbin, Sara Hoots, Kasey Stevens and Ruby Leigh Young with Joy Lola Scott and Trenton Rostedt. It was written and directed by Dan Jimenez and was shot in Austin Texas.
The digital film was inspired by old school low budget exploitation flicks and westerns. It was also inspired by films such as Reservoir Dogs, Faster Pussycat Kill Kill, El Mariachi, Texas Blood Money, and The Good The Bad and The Ugly. God $ave the Red, Black and Blonde is the first installment of The Red, Black and Blonde Trilogy.

www.redblackandblonde.com

Back