• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch YOUR LIFE IS A MOVIE : "the art of never finishing what you start"

I made this film out of pure frustration, which quickly turned to realization. If you too have mastered the art of never finishing what you started check out this little film I made. Looking for any feedback!

https://youtu.be/HG_wTiLRZnw

Feel free to voice your experiences, opinions, advice about this topic, I'd be glad to hear it.

Last edited:
But if you didn't finish something, maybe that means it wouldn't have come out as good as the ones you Were interested in enough to finish.

My problem is I move so quickly, I'm already more interested in my next film by the time I'm half way done with the one at hand. This cycle began repeating over and over again and I finally got so tired of myself I decided to make this film:lol:

Last edited:
But if you didn't finish something, maybe that means it wouldn't have come out as good as the ones you Were interested in enough to finish.

My problem is I move so quickly, I'm already more interested in my next film by the time I'm half way done with the one at hand. This cycle began repeating over and over again and I finally got so tired of myself I decided to make this film:lol:

Sorry for the double post still learning how to use everything.

You still learn a lot from doing all your unfinished stuff, Alex.
If you didn't finish them, maybe they weren't worth finishing.
Maybe your unfinished stuff is you figuring out what's really important to you.
When you find something that you stick with & finish, maybe that's the one that really means something to you.

Aaaahhh... interesting. It reminded me to this video of Folding Ideas talking about the same ting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIr9GeVzHRw&t

Yeah that's right on the money, brought up some really great points, thanks for sharing. It's super motivational to think about the idea that everything you're doing no matter the scale or success is still pushing you forwards. That's what I loved so much about making this film, I took all the incomplete pieces and experiences that all taught me about different things, and then combined them to end up actually making something out of it all in the end.

That's totally true but I still need to have something to show for it. I'm a very visual person which is why I'm so into film and having some form of a final product that you can actually view, I feel, helps with that learning experience even more. Also, it's nice to have at least something to show for all the hard work haha.

Photography

Another thing that I've found helpful is taking a break from film making and focusing on photography. It still improves your framing, storytelling, coloring, etc. skills, but it's much easier to complete a photograph(at least for me) than any kind of film.

Back