• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Nuke effect shot - "The Vow" Music Video

Hello all:
First off, I just wanted to say I really like a lot of the comments and support everyone gives in this community. It's really awesome.

Then, I'd like to share my second music video I created for the band "Fashion Bomb" for their song "The Vow:"

http://youtu.be/abS-vSr7ts0

Let me know what ya'll think!

Thanks!
-Matt

*Applause*

Well done good sir...well done...

I'm not sure what caused it but all of your footage seemed a bit out of focus or that there were little compositing issues. Made it hard to watch at times, but otherwise I liked the way this video was done.

Keep up the great work, you've got a future doing this.

Thanks so much for the encouragement! There is a bit of focus hunting with the rig I use and my shooting style. I'll see if I can't lock that down better in the future. Thanks for the suggestion. I used a canon HV40 and Letus 35mm adapter and Nikon primes (28mm, 50mm, and 85mm) and its all manual focus. Especially hard out doors with all that glare... any recommendations?

Glare on the viewfinder or lens flare?

If glare on the viewfinder, make yourself a hood or get a flag to shadow you and the camera.

If on the lens, get a matte box with flags or make yourself a hood by cutting the bottom of a cup out, paint the inside flat black, and place it over the lens.

Glare on the viewfinder or lens flare?

If glare on the viewfinder, make yourself a hood or get a flag to shadow you and the camera.

If on the lens, get a matte box with flags or make yourself a hood by cutting the bottom of a cup out, paint the inside flat black, and place it over the lens.

Totally glare on the viewfinder. Its those bright-day light scenes I had a problem with. We tried umbrellas and flags, but the sun was way too bright. Maybe next time, I'll just get a huge black cloth and drape it over me like an old school camera. :)

Thanks for the suggestions!
-Matt

Back